Locked or unlocked Note 10

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
It is definitely time to upgrade from my Samsung S7, as it has become so slow and battery drain is now the norm. I would love to upgrade to Note 10, but sticker shock, especially at Verizon doesn't make it easy for me.

Trading in my old phone is not an option because its trade-in value is only $29.

I did see an unlocked Note 10 for $749 at the Microsoft Store, but It is a GSM model and the Verizon customer service rep told me it would not work to make calls on their CDMA network.

Ok, so can someone please help me. Is an unlocked phone, which is cheaper, actually worth it, and where can I get a CDMA model?

It has been nearly 4 years since I have purchased a new smartphone, so feel like a complete rookie. When is the best time to buy one, and do you have a recommendation as to where I can possibly get a good deal. I don't think Verizon will be the best deal.

thanks!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
If you get the unlocked version of any Samsung variant it will work on Verizon...what shape is your s7? Check the Samsung site they are offering $300 for trade in for new S20 series phones ...also Note 10 gets you $250 for your phone ...

OP
socal droid

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
If you get the unlocked version of any Samsung variant it will work on Verizon...what shape is your s7? Check the Samsung site they are offering $300 for trade in for new S20 series phones ...also Note 10 gets you $250 for your phone ...
My S7 is in excellent shape, no scratches or anything. Thank you so much, I will check out Samsung's site. I honestly couldn't see trading it in with Verizon for $29 - It would have been more valuable as a backup.

Thanks again!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
My S7 is in excellent shape, no scratches or anything. Thank you so much, I will check out Samsung's site. I honestly couldn't see trading it in with Verizon for $29 - It would have been more valuable as a backup.

Thanks again!
Yeah no way ...Samsung site is good too because they take the trade in off the price of the phone and you pay taxes on the lower balance ..unlike at Verizon they tax you on full amount ...

OP
socal droid

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Yeah no way ...Samsung site is good too because they take the trade in off the price of the phone and you pay taxes on the lower balance ..unlike at Verizon they tax you on full amount ...
Thank you once again! I purchased my new Note 10 from Samsung and will ship within 2 days.

OP
socal droid

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
So, I have had my new Note 10 for almost 2 weeks and I could not be happier!!! This is a very solid phone ... fast, and has amazing battery life. Because it is new, I am using it all the time and still, the battery lasts all day.

@bkdodger, Thank you so much once again for your help!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So, I have had my new Note 10 for almost 2 weeks and I could not be happier!!! This is a very solid phone ... fast, and has amazing battery life. Because it is new, I am using it all the time and still, the battery lasts all day.

@bkdodger, Thank you so much once again for your help!!

Awesome I’m happy to hear it...I love my Note and always have it In my rotation ...I like it better than the S20s ...Samsung did a great job with this last one