worth it?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Absolutely!!! This thing is a beast...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

shortsxit

Reaction score
Is Sense not gorgeous? And my flip clock actually flips now!

sundercs

Reaction score
I'm still adjusting to sense UI. For the little time I've been playing with it, It's definitely an upgrade from my D1. I'll be rooting as soon as the devs figure it out

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

geoff5093

Reaction score
Going over to the Verizon store later today to check it out, still using my rooted D1 here!

sincerity

Reaction score
I'm still adjusting to sense UI. For the little time I've been playing with it, It's definitely an upgrade from my D1. I'll be rooting as soon as the devs figure it out

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

yea i LOVE my D1....just got this baby an hour or so ago...sense is NOT gonna work for me lol...but once it's rooted/I can throw a custom rom on it, it's going to be a monster.

the screen is amazing dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

can't get my apps to sync from market...but i'm sure this will come eventually

dx1881

Reaction score
Beast mode!.. once I have this thing rooted and desensed, ill be happier:)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

archaic

Reaction score
Either getting a thunderbolt or iphone in two weeks...

Would much prefer the t-bolt but battery life has me worried. There are periods every day where I go through high/ constant usage without charging. Two to three hours, often watching video or playing games. From what I hear the t-bolt might not survive that trip.

Would love to hear some battery stats from you guys. I admit extreme jealousy. =)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Anyone come from a rooted d1 to the thunderbolt? Is it worth the switch so far?

Came from a rooted D1 - tried every Rom, Every kernel. Definitely worth it. I was having problems with Android 2.3.3 keeping the baseband radio off till I restarted and for the entire life of my Droid I - I couldn't keep a WiFi connection, even with NEVER set and static ip and ... you name it.

My Thunderbolt has been connected to my work's WiFi ALL DAY and instantly works when I turn on the screen.

Even with a 1.25Ghz overclock for OG Droid, the Thunderbolt is much smoother and faster.

I type 180wpm on my PC keyboard. I type very fast on the virtual keyboard on OG droid and it could never keep up. It can on the Thunderbolt. Me happy about that too.

I'm erked about the crap loads of bloatware but I promised myself to not spend hours and hours and hours rooting, roming, and kerneling. I just want to enjoy a phone for once. So probably won't root.

dustoff69

Reaction score
I did the same thing. Left a rooted Droid1 for the Thunderbolt....worth it is an understatement. So far I love this thing.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PikaCane

Reaction score
The 'Bolt definitely seems smoother and faster, but I do miss my Gingerbread D1 running Zeam. I got very accustomed to a very simplistic launcher with only one home screen set up and very little going on, and Sense is quite a shock after that.

I've been... THUNDERSTRUCK!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally dumbed the rooted OD1 for the Thunderbolt and got to say it's DEFINITELY worth it BUTTTTT, there is a catch (for me at least)...

Sense SUCKS!!!!!!!!

That being said this thing is FAST!!!!!!!!!! faster than the OD EVER could be regardless of ROM or kernel. Until rooting is refined a bit I'm running LauncherPro 'over' the sense (i.e. using it as default homescreen, but since Sense can't be frozen or uninstalled it's still 'running') and there is NO lag on screen rotation or launching/resuming anything!!!

That being said also be aware that VZW has preloaded it with a RIDICULOUS amount of bloatware (about 4+ Gigs...). Comes with 8G internal memory and upon initial boot you will have only about 3 Gigs available..... LauncherPro lets me hide it for now but can't wait to root and uninstall all that BS...

All said though, GET IT!!! RUN NOW!!!

As for battery life, no complaints. Been playing/toying with it all day and battery should be fine for a 'normal' days use. Anyone tells you otherwise for the first week is full of **** anyway because it will take several cycles for the power utility to calibrate anyway.

Edit:
Also, if you can 'upgrade' now you'll get locked into the $30 unlimited for 4G regardless of what they decide to do later (and in all likelyhood they will either go tier or double the price....)

Last edited: