Is Thunderbolt worth 300?

dajogejr

Reaction score
3 hours battery life, 1 ghz processor(slower than my droid 2 global) , no gsm , no high resolution display= a piece of junk phone with a value of only 50 dollars.
i say a better choice is stick with your current phone and hold out until the bionic which is like 10 times better

Please do not feed the troll.

n0yxl

Reaction score
3 hours battery life, 1 ghz processor(slower than my droid 2 global) , no gsm , no high resolution display= a piece of junk phone with a value of only 50 dollars.
i say a better choice is stick with your current phone and hold out until the bionic which is like 10 times better

2nd. :) Very happy with ma new phone! I got mine for $229 on a 1 year, w00t!

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

2nd. :) Very happy with ma new phone! I got mine for $229 on a 1 year, w00t!

3rd. :p I paid $320 for my phone with a 2 year contract. Damn California taxes ($70+). This phone was totally worth it coming from an OG Rooted Droid. I don't use my phone to play games but to keep in contact with those I love. Totally worth it for me.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Def worth it. Loving everything about the phone. Especially now that I am rooted. Got rid of the Verizon bloat and this baby screams.. pulling up to 20 MB down and average of 30 MB up. Now for those not in a 4G area it may not be as great of a phone, but if you want a solid device with proven tech this is it. Yes the main gripe and one issue is battery, but this is known with HTC and comes as no surprise. I ordered my Sedio 1600 battery last night. more battery but not bigger and no need for the horrible hunch back..

atlrus

Reaction score
I got the X when it came out (full price) and after 5 days I returned it. My wife got the Droid 2 international and after 2 days returned it. I just paid full price for the TB and will keep it for a while. Nuff said...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
I got the X when it came out (full price) and after 5 days I returned it. My wife got the Droid 2 international and after 2 days returned it. I just paid full price for the TB and will keep it for a while. Nuff said...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

+1 waaay worth the money and I didn't even want a phone without a physical keyboard

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Reaction score
Looking in the TB forums I'm already seeing issues/complaints from the users (battery life, random restarts, etc etc). Yeah first runs usually have issues but honestly glad I didn't jump on the first LTE to release. For most going to TB, it is way better than what they had before so fits their needs, but looking at the specs side by side for all of the LTE phones coming out I just couldn't get behind the TB. Glad that new owners enjoy their bolts but personally waiting for Bionic. Dont get me wrong this isn't fanboyism, I objectively looked at each and every one of the 4 releasing soon equally. I almost actually went with the LG Revolution if it weren't for the fact I found out about the DDR2 in Bionic because the origionally reported 512mb Ram turned me off thinking it was standard DDR ram only (there were a few more things but I'll just wrap up here). So to me after weighing everything, not worth the "300" as the OP asked.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Bionic locked bootloader less RAM less SD storage yes dual core but its ok thunderbolt will compete :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

trailblazen

Reaction score
Looking in the TB forums ....

In other words.... you don't have one so you can't really say if it's worth it.

@ the OP. It's way worth it imo. I like it better than the X.

In other words I messed with one already at my local Best Buy and wasn't impressed and reading the forums to see what OWNERS have been saying/complaining/having issues with so yeah of course I didn't waste my money buying one. Besides why would your opinion be of any more significance than mine. Just because you own one and I just tried one out doesn't make my opinion (which everyone is entitled to especially considering this is a public forum to discuss things) any less or inconsequential than yours considering most tech reviewers only get a few minutes themselves which we base alot of our decisions on in lieu of having our own hands on. And in response to your last part if you recall I also posted that the TB will be better than what most folks have already (i.e. the DX like you mentioned) so will be just fine for the majority of people and will seem like gods gift to cell phones, just not for me.

Last edited:

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking in the TB forums ....

In other words I messed with one already at my local Best Buy and wasn't impressed and reading the forums to see what OWNERS have been saying/complaining/having issues with so yeah of course I didn't waste my money buying one. Besides why would your opinion be of any more significance than mine. Just because you own one and I just tried one out doesn't make my opinion (which everyone is entitled to especially considering this is a public forum to discuss things) any less or inconsequential than yours considering most tech reviewers only get a few minutes themselves which we base alot of our decisions on in lieu of having our own hands on. And in response to your last part if you recall I also posted that the TB will be better than what most folks have already (i.e. the DX like you mentioned) so will be just fine for the majority of people and will seem like gods gift to cell phones, just not for me.

She said that because you were basing you're opinion on what others have said instead of basing it with real evidence of owning and using the phone.

She made a valid point.

The only reboot complaint I seen in the forums was user error caused by a task manager killing a system file that the phone needed to run.

Last edited:

trailblazen

Reaction score

She said that because you were basing you're opinion on what others have said instead of basing it with real evidence of owning and using the phone.

She made a valid point.

The only reboot complaint I seen in the forums was user error caused by a task manager killing a system file that the phone need to run.

True she made a point, but the way she went about it made it seem like my opinion means nothing. Like I said I am not going to buy a phone after 1. hearing what folks are having issues with it, 2. I have been researching all of the phones (not just 1 singularly) and really wasn't impressed with the specs 3. I have tried one out at best buy for about as long as a reviewer gets (5-10 minutes tops at a tech show) and it just didn't fit for me. That is why I have the opinion that I do. OP asked if it was worth it and with the information I have up to this point I said no. I will not dump a few hundred dollars on a phone just to make my opinion count just because it differs from others.

Last edited:

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

She made a valid point.

The only reboot complaint I seen in the forums was user error caused by a task manager killing a system file that the phone need to run.

True she made a point, but the way she went about it made it seem like my opinion means nothing. Like I said I am not going to buy a phone after 1. hearing what folks are having issues with, 2. I have been researching all of the phones (not just 1 singularly) and really wasn't impressed 3. I have tried one out at best buy for about as long as a reviewer gets (5-10 minutes tops at a tech show) and it just didn't fit for me. That is why I have the opinion that I do. OP asked if it was worth it and with the information I have up to this point I said no. I will not dump a few hundred dollars on a phone just to make my opinion count just because it differs.

Point taken. Not the phone for you. I'm sure the phone for you will be around soon.

trailblazen

Reaction score

She made a valid point.

True she made a point, but the way she went about it made it seem like my opinion means nothing. Like I said I am not going to buy a phone after 1. hearing what folks are having issues with, 2. I have been researching all of the phones (not just 1 singularly) and really wasn't impressed 3. I have tried one out at best buy for about as long as a reviewer gets (5-10 minutes tops at a tech show) and it just didn't fit for me. That is why I have the opinion that I do. OP asked if it was worth it and with the information I have up to this point I said no. I will not dump a few hundred dollars on a phone just to make my opinion count just because it differs.

Point taken. Not the phone for you. I'm sure the phone for you will be around soon.
And if this was the response I got at first with my differing opinion, I think this thread would have stayed positive and life would have pressed on lol. You are truely the peacekeeper around here LOL. I know that with tech changing on a daily basis what is good today will be obsolete tomorrow which is why I just try to make an informed decision on a phone before taking the plunge which is why I toil over making sure I research every little detail I can.

Last edited: