Is Thunderbolt worth 300?

leonozug

Reaction score
"tocu
Thanks C.K.!!

Why is it that folk who have no intention to ever "touch a Thunderbolt" hang out in a Thunderbolt forum trying to convince those who do want one that they are making a mistake? Is it done as public service perhaps to "save" us from ourselves or just to cause controversy for the "sport" of it?

I guess it does come off as negative but its clearly not my intention and I don't believe leons either. I guess the point we are trying to drive home is that why pay for an LTE device that you can't use in your area when a much better option will become available. Over the internet its hard to convey a thought or idea without hearing its actual intent.

Anyway I hope you understand I mean no ill will and things get lost in translation.

Sent from my Droid

Absolutely C.K, thanks for backing me up on this...I don't post things on here will any bad intent. I like to discuss things, put out options, and view opinions. That's why I follow this site. I try not to come across as being rude or a know-it-all, nor do I try to start arguments. I meant no ill will, but wow, people are sometimes touchy on here. We ARE here to discuss android phones and what not, right? It's not like I threw any iphones remarks in anywhere, you know? lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes leon I always type things out and think "man I hope they don't take it like I'm picking on the device" : )

But I'll admit I'm the first to point about things about manufacturers hardware that I do not like. I'm loyal to no brand/manufacturer. I'll be quick to say a Moto device is poorly executed just as easily as I would say an HTC device is. I LOVE good discussions on handsets and I think because I have no loyalty towards one or another the people that prefer one brand over the other will be insulted if I speak less than positively about their manufacturer of choice.

With that said I have spoken in many threads that I think across the board all the new devices are ho-hum boring. Nothing special. VERY disappointing line-up.

The ONLY 2 devices that I believe are the premier Android devices this year are the Samsung Galaxy SII and the LG Optimus 3D. Two cutting edge devices with stellar hardware. Everything else is just lacking.

I'm not happy about this neither because it doesn't appear neither one of these devices will come to VZW : (

Sleeve

Reaction score
Which is why we make do with perceived inadequate devices in favor of a network. Beats my D1, let people bash this thing all they want, makes no matter to me. It's upgrade time and I'm not moving to a locked phone.

okiepat2000

Reaction score
Absolutely C.K, thanks for backing me up on this...I don't post things on here will any bad intent. I like to discuss things, put out options, and view opinions. That's why I follow this site. I try not to come across as being rude or a know-it-all, nor do I try to start arguments. I meant no ill will, but wow, people are sometimes touchy on here. We ARE here to discuss android phones and what not, right? It's not like I threw any iphones remarks in anywhere, you know? lol

Without putting too fine a point on it, that's not why I'm HERE.

I'm HERE to discuss the TB.

Just try starting a speculation thread in this forum, or start posting speculation in this thread and see how long it lasts. Aren't there other threads and forums for OTHER android phones?

Now, I'm not sure how much "what not" is actually allowed. ;)

metzor

Reaction score
Everyone seems to think the Bionic is the be all end all. Are we really supposed to believe that the Bionic is going to last more than one day of moderate use without having to charge it?

The fact that some people are saying they would've gotten a TB but aren't because of all the delays is hilarious to me. So if it came out a month ago, that makes it better how? You can only enjoy a phone if it has enough time as the most technologically advanced? I hate to break it to you but the Bionic is going to be the most technologically advanced for about 6 minutes, then there will be something else.

If you think the TB is a waste of money, then don't get it. But if you think the TB won't be blazing fast and that pretty much every 4g phone from here on out isn't going to have crappy battery life, I think you are mistaken.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Well said.
I would only add...it would be nice if the manufacturers included an amped up battery.
Something in the 2500mah range with these phones.
How many people rush out to buy more chargers (car or travel) and/or larger batteries and possibly larger doors.

I'll gladly pay an extra 50 for the phone it it comes with a larger battery, just as I'll gladly pay an extra 50 or 100 since this one will be coming with the max capacity 32GB memory card.

Sentrix

Reaction score
I'm going to get this phone for two years and it'll do what I need it to do. Sure, it only has a single-core CPU, but it's one of the most advanced single cores in phones today. Plus who knows when we'll see Gingerbread on this particular device to even be able to take advantage of that extra core. The extra RAM and higher quadrant scores than the Bionic, plus the 40gb of total storage are all solid reasons to get the Blunderbolt.

Being the first LTE phone justifies getting it on a 2 year contract is well. Verizon's network will only grow as you have the device. Plus, their total equipment protection is cheap.

Let's just hope the battery can hold up under LTE...

Happy almost-announcement day.

leonozug

Reaction score

Just try starting a speculation thread in this forum, or start posting speculation in this thread and see how long it lasts. Aren't there other threads and forums for OTHER android phones?

So what you're saying is I should have just replied with a simple "No" or "Yes" to the question of whether or not the TB was worth $300 or not? Would that make you happy? Sorry my answer was not simple enough for you man. I guess in an ANDROID forum we should segregate all the phones from one another. That's the way alot of people seem to think on here. Tunnel vision. I mentioned another HTC phone. The nerve of me!! I should be flogged. : )

Bottom line, to me the Incredible 2 looks more attractive than the 'Bolt. To ME. Not everyone else maybe. But freedom of choice is what it's all about. God bless America!! ; )

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DaWolf85

Reaction score

So what you're saying is I should have just replied with a simple "No" or "Yes" to the question of whether or not the TB was worth $300 or not? Would that make you happy? Sorry my answer was not simple enough for you man. I guess in an ANDROID forum we should segregate all the phones from one another. That's the way alot of people seem to think on here. Tunnel vision. I mentioned another HTC phone. The nerve of me!! I should be flogged. : )

Bottom line, to me the Incredible 2 looks more attractive than the 'Bolt. To ME. Not everyone else maybe. But freedom of choice is what it's all about. God bless America!! ; )

The Incredible S, if that's what you're talking about, will not be on Verizon. It doesn't even have a CDMA radio.

leonozug

Reaction score

The Incredible S, if that's what you're talking about, will not be on Verizon. It doesn't even have a CDMA radio.

The Incredible S is coming out for Verizon as the Incredible 2 with a CDMA radio, sooner than later. Check Droidlife and see.

funkyb

Reaction score
I'll gladly pay an extra 50 for the phone it it comes with a larger battery, just as I'll gladly pay an extra 50 or 100 since this one will be coming with the max capacity 32GB memory card.

:rockon::rockon:

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Ah my bad Verizon can run WCDMA phones - thought they only could use CDMA2000, but apparently not.

leonozug

Reaction score
I try not to come across as being rude or a know-it-all, nor do I try to start arguments.
Sorry my answer was not simple enough for you man.

Thank you for your response. :rolleyes:

I live in an LTE area so the TB is worth it to me.

Rolleyes? Really man? Wow. Should I give a "Sigh" back now? lol

Good luck with the TB bro. Hope it works out for you. Believe it or not, I've been following the Thunderbolts progression since the Desire HD came out. I will certainty check out the TB as soon as it hits Verizon stores, but the small battery and no need of LTE for me is steering me elsewhere, and I really wanted the Bolt too. As long as we're all running android and not IOS, it's all good. : )

IAMKILLERMAN

Reaction score
3 hours battery life, 1 ghz processor(slower than my droid 2 global) , no gsm , no high resolution display= a piece of junk phone with a value of only 50 dollars.
i say a better choice is stick with your current phone and hold out until the bionic which is like 10 times better