Wireless Tether.

lyssaroxanne

Reaction score
Could someone also PM me with a working app? Everything I've tried hasn't worked either.

Leung

Reaction score
Will this still work for me if i'm already upgraded to the OTA Gingerbread? I'd still like to watch Netflix on my Ipod touch when i'm out of the house but i don't feel like Verizon needs another 20 bucks from me.

I'll take a PM too with the instructions. THanks in advance.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Search wifi tether apk on google and dl the yellow wifi tether (ver 3.0) from code.google.com im not sure but i heard that works on gb. Worth a try right?

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Leung

Reaction score
Search wifi tether apk on google and dl the yellow wifi tether (ver 3.0) from code.google.com im not sure but i heard that works on gb. Worth a try right?

Do i need to be rooted to use that ^^^^? like i said i'm using the OTA gingerbread and i installed that and it said that my kernal doesn't have something to run it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you need root to run any wifi tether apk. Also be careful. I know vz can stop you from tethering when on gb.

KGdroidx

Reaction score
Can someone PM me the patch and what tether app to use for Liberty v0.6?

ccomengee86

Reaction score
I'm on rooted odexed .596(TBH release). Can someone please send me the info as well?

Thanks in advance.

I have TBH app but I do not see the patch...

jaw4bama

Reaction score
If you need help or need the links, PM me. I have both links you will need if you are rooted and on GB. I also have detailed instructions on how to get it to work, just PM me, and I will respond as soon as possible. (I work for the Government so sometimes it takes a couple of days for me to respond as I am away from the Internet for days at a time)

I want to keep the links out of the main Forum due to the fact that Tethering is sort of a touchy spot to most!

Power

Reaction score
That's one of them I've been having issues with. I'm using this version right now.

wifi_tether_v3_0-pre14.apk

Barnacle won't connect at all, and I can't even remember the names of the others I've tried.

Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't connect at all. I've also been using the "patch".

2.0.7 is working fine for me...

-update-
After further testing it appears to run on my Droid but no one can connect so I take back that I said it works.

Last edited:

RED ZMAN

Reaction score
You guys and gals using any special settings or changing anything in there?

I got some instructions and am going to follow them tonight, but I think I've done it all in those so far.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
I assume everyone is up to speed? I know I have sent out over 200 PMs LOL WOW! dancedroid:icon_eek:

Isaiah

Reaction score
I assume everyone is up to speed? I know I have sent out over 200 PMs LOL WOW! dancedroid:icon_eek:

not yet! I'm out of the loop. vzw just bumped me from my d1 to this. I tried what droid life posted a few days(weeks?) ago, with the new tethering app and that failed.

PM me? :)

mioduz

Reaction score
Can someone help me out I have a droid x running liberty 2.1 and I have wifi teather installed. I just got my Acer iconia but it does not see my phones wifi hot spot. Any help is appreciated.