How many GB per month do you use? Particularly with wireless tether

OP
B

bens42608

Im up to 40 gigs now.. only thing I've done much of is netflix HD so that's gotta be what's causing it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I don't see how people watch so much Netflix or movies on a small screen?!

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

OP
B

bens42608

I don't see how people watch so much Netflix or movies on a small screen?!

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

Although I do sometimes watch netflix on my phone screen while on campus, the majority of the time it's on my tv through HDMI or more likely on my laptop using wireless tether

mikeyd08

Reaction score
Don't watch Netflix on my phone, but on my galaxy tab on wifi. And use about 2gb per month.

Sent from my GT-P7510

zada

Reaction score
Unlimited plan and I hit .35 gigs last month, but I use wifi every chance I get. I have been fearful of using wifi tether for my Samsung tab, but after reading these posts, I think I'm gonna relax a bit!

Memp2Atl85

Reaction score
First month on 4g and I'm approaching 8GB

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

sugamilk

Reaction score
wow i considered myself a "heavy" user but after reading some of your replies umm that no longer applies to me lol. I have a 4gb plan, no tethering and I do right about 3.8 - 3.9 gigs a month. That's mostly from Pandora Radio though. Pandora on the way to school, on the way back, in the gym and after the shop closes and im cleaning up lol.

JosephWoods

Reaction score
I don't think anyone would have that much time to enjoy a movie on a few inches screen. I always enjoy movie at a wide screen tv. This is why my monthly data consumption is very low.

OP
B

bens42608

I don't think anyone would have that much time to enjoy a movie on a few inches screen. I always enjoy movie at a wide screen tv. This is why my monthly data consumption is very low.

HDMI out... laptop....

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I finally used more than 6GB last month. 12.5GB last month only because I rented and downloaded 2 HD movies from the Play store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
B

bens42608

If Verizon ever finds a way to stop us from doing this, I am going to be pissed and probably consider an iPhone(I know, and I'm sorry) cause I have gotten so accustomed to this feature that my life like depends on it and it's a HUGE reason why I picked android over iOS. I take my laptop everywhere and I am always connected to blazing 4G internet- I think that is awesome/Badass. I'd never pay for hotpot. I am around 40Gb/month and their plans are outrageous. Verizon would be wise to just let us keep doing this. It doesn't hurt them at all, yet stopping this feature would hurt their sales, at least I know they'd lose all that money they get from me

Kasey923

Reaction score
This is what frustrates me so much. I can understand Verizon throttling someone who uses 100+ gb a month for tethering, but I use a little Netflix and a good bit of Pandora/Slacker/IHeartRadio. Yet because of that usage and the area where I live, Verizon has restricted my speed so much that the only thing I can use away from my wifi is Audiogalaxy, a media server from my pc, and even that skips and buffers.
I pay them for an unlimited plan, and shouldn't have to be punished just because they want to squeeze more money out of their customers.

Lib3rat3d DX