Average monthly data usage

www3

Reaction score
Hello all, I am curious as to how much data forum users are using on average per month. I guess this could become a survey question.

I use about 1.5 gb on the phone itself.
1.5 gb using pdanet.
2.0 gb using the Wifi Hotspot. (yes i pay the $20 per month)

If you are uncomfortable listing tethering usage, just use it your total.

Thanks

2gb to 7-ish gb....

I average 0.5 GB/month. Somehow I hit 1 GB this past month... I think I had a busy homework-filled night where my internet went out so I tethered for the evening.

usually around the 2GB mark, sometimes a little over

'bout 6gb/mo. I stream a lot of music while at work and just about whereever I go.

Last three months were 266 MB, 5MB, and 121MB. I am on WIFI 90% of the time.

(Woops, I meant 50MB, not 5MB. 5 would be ridiculous.)

Last edited:
I am almost always on wifi. Last month I used 30, this month I used 50 Megabytes. I used about 700MB per month before I switched to 150MB plan and started using wifi at home and at work. For the little that I am out of wifi coverage the 150MB is obviously plenty.

Normal is anywhere from 2~4GB a month. This past one I hit 7GB (because I used it for heavy tethering at my work)

Think iv seen a few months of 5GB too.

I am almost always on wifi. Last month I used 30, this month I used 50 Megabytes. I used about 700MB per month before I switched to 150MB plan and started using wifi at home and at work. For the little that I am out of wifi coverage the 150MB is obviously plenty.

Ha! I could connect to wifi at work but I don't because it's nice when I want a break to read the news I don't have to worry about the eye in the sky.

Hey Kodiak - just curious, but what do you mean by "worrying about the eye in the sky" ? connection problems? security issues?

r, john

Hey Kodiak - just curious, but what do you mean by "worrying about the eye in the sky" ? connection problems? security issues?

r, john

Ehhh, wrong use of terminology...Just IT frowning on me browsing ESPN.com

hmmm...i see. ---act like you're always on camera and you'll be ok...
thanks for your postings, btw,

r, john

Back