How many GB per month do you use? Particularly with wireless tether

zirkdog

Reaction score
I tried really hard last month and used 3 gigs. With solid 4g in my area I never use my wi-fi anymore.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of watching 10+ gigs of Netflix on a 4 in. screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

texas200

Reaction score
I tried really hard last month and used 3 gigs. With solid 4g in my area I never use my wi-fi anymore.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of watching 10+ gigs of Netflix on a 4 in. screen.

With the razr HDMI hooked to a tv Netflix plays in 1080p (6+GB streaming one movie)

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx (with plenty of 4g battery power left)

reminon

Reaction score
I use mine as my primary net source for Xbox live and netflix streaming, along with heavy downloading With unlimited 4g I get 60-80ms ping for Xbox live and use anywhere from 50-200gb/month.

Fonzz

Reaction score
I'm using about 600 gigs a month on average. I think I could hit one terabyte in a month if I really tried. I pay the extra 30 dollars monthly to use the hotspot feature legitimately and make the most of my unlimited. I'm away from home 5 nights a week so I dropped my home DSL in favor of the 4G and actually, I'm mostly using a wireless high speed cable connection on those 5 nights. Thanks to T.D., an awesome, now private website, I never rent movies, (but I watch all the popular new ones in HD w/DTS on an Argosy connected to a big screen TV, about 2 weeks before the Blu Rays go on sale) nor do I subscribe to HBO, Showtime etc. even though I watch plenty of their series also. I also upload more than I download. Thankfully, the tower near my home does not seem to be congested. None of this may last forever, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've only got the 4gb plan :/

Does Verizon still bump you from 2gb to 4gb when you upgrade to a 4G phone? or is that promotion over?

OP
B

bens42608

WOW! 200 gigs... 600 gigs... Idk how u do it.
Yo Fonzz im sending u a PM

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Umm.. I'm not tethered.. But holy crap.

I *almost* hit 1GB last month.. And I'm on an unlimited plan. How much data do you think you would have to use to start being throttled?

hondaguy520

Reaction score
We don't even know for sure if Verizon actively throttles people. Next billing cycle I'm going to do an experiment . Everyday at the same time I'm going to run my speed test in the same location. For 30 days. All while working my way to 10gbs in one month and see if the speeds get slower.

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

gthotie5

Reaction score
I use on average 2gb a month.
But when I tether it ranges from 4-6gb.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
me iv tried and couldnt even hit 1gb lol, but then again i don't get data when at home not much signal either so i can only use it when im in town and i use it to surf the net and check emails on the phone it self so i don't really tether or anything so thats mostly why.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Does Verizon still bump you from 2gb to 4gb when you upgrade to a 4G phone? or is that promotion over?

I saw an ad for it yesterday (3-9-2012) that they restarted the promotion. Just go to the Verizon website and you can upgrade from there!

Daybreak

Reaction score
Howdy,
Average between 2-8gb a month here.

NOTE: Bionic users, connect HDMI cable and watch on a big screen TV. Nothing else to add, no software, no settings, boom, HD Netflix on the TV.

Not all phones do this, Bionic does, I believe the Razr does and newer phones.