How many GB per month do you use? Particularly with wireless tether

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Technically they're still letting you use unlimited. You can use as much data as you want, but they never promised at what speed. Not that I agree with it, just saying.

I usually use 2GB or so a month. Not much tethering, if any at all, most months. I usually watch maybe 4 hours of Netflix a week between visits to the gym. Once I used 20GB the first month I was in my new apartment because I hadn't bought Internet yet.

soulshot96

Reaction score
I've gotten to 70 gigs before...lots of HD YouTube and app downloads that month.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

woelda3000

Reaction score
Im unlimited and i used 38 gigs last month

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

GHQ5T

Reaction score
I thought i was a heavy user. 600 GBS woow. Im only at 170 Gigs a month. proof in the screenshot

my data for a month crop.png

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
xeene said:
Its a lot compared to some people and it's nothing compared to other people. Some use 200mb, other use 600gb. I wouldn't worry about it till you break a terabyte mark.

I think verizon hates me lol cuz I average 250 gb a month with xbox, web surfing, streaming tv an movies and software downloads

OP
B

bens42608

I think verizon hates me lol cuz I average 250 gb a month with xbox, web surfing, streaming tv an movies and software downloads

Where were all u guys when I was getting attacked in this thread

( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208835
[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans)

By everyone saying if u use more than 5 gigs a month u must be a moron or a criminal.... ? Nobody was helping me defend our right to use as much data as we need. our granddad is unlimited ( :) ) and we pay plenty of money for it. They were calling me all kinds of names and blaming me for the new data plans.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bens42608 said:
Where were all u guys when I was getting attacked in this thread

( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=208835
[Updated] Verizon Plans To Eliminate 'Grandfathered' 3G Unlimited Data Plans)

By everyone saying if u use more than 5 gigs a month u must be a moron or a criminal.... ? Nobody was helping me defend our right to use as much data as we need. our granddad is unlimited ( :) ) and we pay plenty of money for it. They were calling me all kinds of names and blaming me for the new data plans.

Lol sorry didnt have a smartphone at the time i had a multimedia phone

OP
B

bens42608

Lol sorry didnt have a smartphone at the time i had a multimedia phone

Lol ok then u r excused. In the future I need support at time like this tho! :p

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
bens42608 said:
Lol ok then u r excused. In the future I need support at time like this tho! :p

Lol np as long as big red doesnt kill me for my usage :p

Zregnier

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I cancelled my cable internet because I was fed up with Cox. So this month I've had no wifi at home and have done some tethering to my desktop. Needless to say my data usage is way up and it looks like I'll be right around 7 gigs by the end of my billing cycle! I had previously always been right around 2.5-3.5 gigs. Of course downloading ICS nightlies doesn't help.

striker85

Reaction score
Why give us apps like Netflix if we can't use them? I use Netflix on my phone just about every day. I'm up to 5.8GB this month.

OP
B

bens42608

Why give us apps like Netflix if we can't use them? I use Netflix on my phone just about every day. I'm up to 5.8GB this month.

I'm surprised that's all you've used.Netflix sometimes eats a few gigs a day at my house. My baby sis watches Phineas & ferb+ AFV at night them when she goes to bed I'll watch a couple movies(all from my Droid thru hdmi) and I'll be out like 5 gigs in one night.

striker85

Reaction score
Case and point. I only watch a couple episodes of a show per day...so nothing too hungry for data.