michael7168

Reaction score
for froyo i use barnacle and for gingerbread i use pdanet. works everytime

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mikeyrocks

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out,
I was running a cyanogen rom using wireless tether a few months ago and thought I would try a few other roms out, I'm a fan of liquid gingerbread now, but when I switched over to liquid gingerbread I could no longer install wireless tether (being removed from the market) and barnacle opens and I can connect to it but does not let my internet on my laptop load pages...any suggestions on how to solve this or any other apps to try? Thanks for your time!

phalstead

Reaction score
The pay version of pdanet is wireless tether I think.

steelersfan

Reaction score
The pay version of pdanet is wireless tether I think.

PDAnet is free for 15 days and then you have to pay for the full version. Each requires a usb cord so its not wireless.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have used Easytether Pro since Sept with no issues

sent from my ZombieStomped X

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
Has anyone tried using any tether programs with CyanogenMod 7x on Droid X ?

barski

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,
I was running a cyanogen rom using wireless tether a few months ago and thought I would try a few other roms out, I'm a fan of liquid gingerbread now, but when I switched over to liquid gingerbread I could no longer install wireless tether (being removed from the market) and barnacle opens and I can connect to it but does not let my internet on my laptop load pages...any suggestions on how to solve this or any other apps to try? Thanks for your time!

In barnacle hit the menu key, hit settings, check auto associate, check access control, and under new client actions check allow. Then you should be able to connect.

jwgraves

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

In barnacle hit the menu key, hit settings, check auto associate, check access control, and under new client actions check allow. Then you should be able to connect.

tried these steps but barnacle log has:

DHCP. Could not bind to DHCP port: address already in use.
Connected to NAT
Running...
NAT. restart: Network is down
NAT. waiting for uplink interface

and I never successfully connect, my Nook just keeps saying "obtaining IP address" and it never appears in the list of Clients in barnacle

barski

Reaction score
That's weird, I tried when I wasn't rooted and got some errors, but I don't remember what they were. Try running gingerbreak again then see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Droid X2 or Droid X

jwgraves

Reaction score
That's weird, I tried when I wasn't rooted and got some errors, but I don't remember what they were. Try running gingerbreak again then see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Droid X2 or Droid X

But I'm totally rooted with the TBH install and never had to run gingerbreak before. I run other apps (rootexplorer) that are fine with root access. I'm wondering if the tether patch only works on a specific gingerbread build (which would be strange since the gingerbread and tether patch are both from TBH).