Will the Incredible ever be as popular as the DROID?

rsarno

Reaction score
I guess id like to ask a 2 part question

1. Will the Incredible ever be as popular as the DROID?

2. What makes the DROID so popular? There are many other devices at this point, including Google's own device which one would assume would be superior in every way (software wise).

So what is the draw to the DROID, and will the dInc every have it? lol

erikfig

Reaction score
1. NO

2. Tha hacking community is all over it as well as developers.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess id like to ask a 2 part question

1. Will the Incredible ever be as popular as the DROID?

2. What makes the DROID so popular? There are many other devices at this point, including Google's own device which one would assume would be superior in every way (software wise).

So what is the draw to the DROID, and will the dInc every have it? lol

1. I don't think it will. I think it's delivery problems and the release of the Droid X, the soon to be released Droid 2 and the announced Droid Pro have doomed it. It's a great phone (in the best phone available until the Droid X), but it's not off to a good start.

2. The initial ad campaign was brilliant and folks were attracted to the features and the feel of the phone. With so many phones feeling "plastic" and insubstantial, the Droid felt like it was machined from a solid piece of metal. And then it was rooted and the thing was off like a shot. The Droid X and the Droid Pro are going to be huge (imho).

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unless some one make an android device with 2ghz or more processor and as open as the droid, I do not think any android device will ever be as popular as the droid was. Hopefully this is not the peak for android.

mikes

Reaction score
Will the Incredible ever be as popular as the DROID?
Define "popular." I'm guessing you equate that to unit sales. If so, the answer is no. At this point, both will be replaced by "the next big thing" before that can happen.
What makes the DROID so popular?
It was the first Android phone on Verizon (simultaneous with the lower end HTC Eris). Was that really so hard to figure out?
Google's own device which one would assume would be superior in every way
"Assume" is the key word. Bonus hint: GSM carriers in the US basically suck.

Mayze

Reaction score
1. It won't even be as popular as the Droid X once it's released

2. Marketing/Hype/Advertisement. I've never seen a phone with as many commercials and advertisement as the Moto Droid. I usually see at least one Droid commercial everyday watching TV. VZ hasn't let up at all since it's release either :)

Last edited:

rebornlaxer

Reaction score
no, normal phone goers that are buying phones for usability see the droid better. most people pay no attention to the amoled screen or the 8 megapixel camera or the 1 ghz snapdragon processor. most people see the comercials and say, o that phone must be amazing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. It won't even be as popular as the Droid X once it's released

2. Marketing/Hype/Advertisement. I've never seen a phone with as many commercials and advertisement as the Moto Droid. I usually see at least one Droid commercial everyday watching TV

Watching sports you see Droid commercials repeatedly. For every 20 Droid commercials There is one for the Incredible.

And let's be honest. The Incredible is a wonderful Android phone. But only Motorola makes the Droid.

mach330

Reaction score
i really thought di could surpass the droid as the popular phone on vzw. however, i do love the developers support on the droid. it's absolute awesome which i miss on the dinc. part of the problem of course is the shipping delay due to the amoled screen. if that didn't happen, i think dinc had a shot as everyone i knew wanted the dinc. since the next shipping is on late july and Dx is coming out on 7/15, dinc is screwed now.

zMd113

Reaction score
The people will decide if the Incredible becomes #1 or not. It doesn't matter about developers or root or any crap like that. The money it brings in will be the deciding factor. Of course since your asking here all your going to get are geek and nerd answeres here no offence. Lets face it, most consumers are not hackers so they could care less about rooting when they don't even understand what that means!
Look for a long while now Verison users have wanted an iPhone type of experience, not a phone that they can hack into. So naturally the Incredible falls into that category, it's small, fast, simple, and just gets the job done in general. The sales so far have proven that, and if these sales continue then yes it will be the flagship phone for Verison. I'm looking forward to the Incredible 2.

iPirate

Reaction score
No.

I've seen multiple Droid X commercials and maybe one incredible commercial. Verizon likes the Droid and Droid X. They will be the most popular and have the largest communities.

zMd113

Reaction score
That's just because they're having trouble keeping up with Incredible orders. Believe me if they didn't have such a screw up with the AMOLED screen then you would be bombarded with Incredible commercials.

iPirate

Reaction score
That's just because they're having trouble keeping up with Incredible orders. Believe me if they didn't have such a screw up with the AMOLED screen then you would be bombarded with Incredible commercials.

What about the N1? Why did it fail?

HTC doesn't make quality phones, simple as that. Verizon sees it and they aren't going to spend millions marketing a poor quality phone.

dancedroid