Will a froyo MIUI continue for The D1?

porky101

Reaction score
AN UPDATE:

So I have been testing the new SS 5.2 and I have to say it seems to make gingerbread workable for my D1 actually. I dont know if it is the way the ROM is built or what but it's working flawlessly. The ROM has an option to lock a bunch of apps into memory, so I locked in 2 of my music apps, launcher pro, mms, and my firewall app because they are most important to me. I have navigated to work and back twice with music playing with NO issues. Now I can even check facebook with music playing without it being killed. Maybe this is just a lucky run for me, but no other ginger-rom gave me this good a time (UD, CM, MIUI). Maybe if MIUI were to have a built in "KEEP IN MEMORY" hack it would work just as well...

Anyway, just a thought, pass it on...

Are there apps in the market that allow you to set apps to keep in memory?

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
porky101 - To be honest I really don't know. I know there are task killers and stuff like that but I dono if theres one that actually has the ability to strongly keep apps in memory. Maybe this isnt even why SS 5.2 is working so well for me, but I think it is, ill 'unlock' them from memory and see how things go. Even if I knew how ChevyNo1's code was working to get the apps locked in technically then I could flash MIUI Gingerbread when its more stable and hack the code in there... Who knows.

I honestly LOVE the changes gingerbread has and am glad its finally working on my side. However I think plan old android is freaking ugly, and thats why I will always long for MIUI... uhg.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
No, nothing on the market.
PE has had the feature since their 2nd GB.
I think I remember Chevy no1 thanking actngrezy, of PE, for his assistance on SS. I would imagine this was probably one of the more significant areas. Since Chevy bases it off CM and they don't offer the option.
Which makes sense as well since PE isn't on a CM base, so more is involved in CM adding it to their utility belt, so to speak. And we know MIUI is also on a CM base, so may be rather difficult.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmm I was thinking since SS is CM7 based and so is MIUI, that is might actually be quite do-able for someone to hack in this 'lock into memory' option... I am just a graphics dude and know nothing of code so thats as far as i can go haha...

EDIT: Sorry I realized I have gone a bit off my own topic, but its evolving...

Last edited:

ludi

Reaction score
icc-- my bad man. Autokiller will keep an app in memory. Theres an ad version on the market. On processes tab, long click the app you want to keep in memory, and select "lower oom value." u can tell the system that your music app is as important as dialer or acore. so when system experiences low memory, it will kill off other apps with higher oom values first. the oom value of an app is reset upon reboot. however, i would recommend trying a media player which has a notification icon, that usually keeps them from being killed by the system memory manager

OP
icculusX

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ludi - Thanks a bunch man. Yea I remember hearing about that app a long time ago, but I wonder how well it stands up to the hack in SS-5.2, like which is more 'powerful' ya know. Maybe someday when I am bored I will try it out on MIUI-gingerbread and see how it works, i was just getting my music killed no matter the player (stock / poweramp / subsonic)...

666ogre666

Reaction score
Before I read the whole thread I was almost gonna tell you to check out SS as its the best my phone has run, period. But I guess you found it :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums