WiFi Tether in ICS .230

Regulator

Reaction score
So seeing as our only working wifi tether app foxfi was patched out in the .229 leak I strongly believe we have a moto spy among us reporting these things back. Anyway has anyone developed a work around for wifi tethering? Foxfi starts but has no connectivity, wifi tether app still has the same issue. Ive done the sql entitlement hack and it works great but im iffy about using the built in app as im sure its reported separate tethering usage as its designed. Thoughts?

bbucks36

Reaction score
im still on .2233 wifi tether was working when you set device to generic ICS..did that not with .229?

iveman89

Reaction score
bluetooth tethering work? Im still on regular OS no leaks. give it a try

wseyller

Reaction score
Was on 2233. I could never get wifi tether to work and I tried every profile. Foxfi would show me the network but always had an error when trying to connect. I just got on 230 a minute ago so I haven't tried anything yet.

wseyller

Reaction score
On 230: I just tried wifi tether and saw the network available but it gave me an error trying to connect. With foxfi it gives me an error in the app "WiFi mode has failed on your phone. Please use Bluetooth mode instead

hodgewdm

Reaction score
FoxFi works for me

I just upgraded to .230 last night and just tried FoxFi. It took a little longer to connect but it still works..

jimbarr

Reaction score
Just got .2233 to root, and WiFi Tether now works like a charm (when set to "Generic ICS") -- @Thanks!

bhp117

Reaction score
i just tried foxfi, the 1st time it won't connect so i rebooted the phone, after reboot foxfi start up again and start working
i notice that happens to all ics leaks with foxfi
after reboot it should work again
currently on 230

OP
R

Regulator

Reaction score
This is really odd but foxfi just started working again after hours of it not working last night.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wseyller

Reaction score
I finally got foxfi to work at least once. But it took a long time to connect and it told me there was an issue and would have limited connectivity. It did work however.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
so I might be using the wrong version of wifi tether, however I only see generic, not generic ICS which version do I need to use of wireless thether for root users

bhp117

Reaction score
you can find it the playstore that they recently released