WiFi Tether in ICS .230

grgguy

Reaction score
I am not saying you won't be subject to consequences. I'm just saying it works. I have used it a handful of times many months ago. Otherwise I have always used the wifi tether app or pdanet which I had purchased long before my bionic. I got the stock hotspot working for me currently. I don't know if I will use it anymore. I have seen many people use the stock hotspot for many months without consequence so far. It works, but at your own risk. I have tethered alot since my V3m Razr on Verizon. So far with every method and every phone I have not had an issue with Verizon nor have I heard of anyone else EVER that could prove it.

Sounds good to me. I will give it a shot this evening. Thank you for your time.

bbucks36

Reaction score
wether you use the built in wifi hack .. or a app that lets u use wifi hotspot .. you can be billed for it if you are not on verizons wifi hotspot plan..

wseyller

Reaction score
wether you use the built in wifi hack .. or a app that lets u use wifi hotspot .. you can be billed for it if you are not on verizons wifi hotspot plan..

This is true, but I never seen any evidence of it over the years. At one time At&t used a tactic called FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) to try and convince and many people as they could to not tether. They weren't really going to charge their customers as it would piss too many of them off. Using FUD would work for them to an extent because they could cause a % of non authorized tethers to be too scared to do it anymore. The built in wifi hack is a little different because many are unsure how easy it is detectable compare to using a third party app. I beg anyone to go find evidence of Verizon billing customers for the use of unauthorized tethering. I've seen some claims such as someone getting billed $80,000 by verizon or some garbage like that, but the handful of people could never produce anything close to being evidence.

grgguy

Reaction score
This is true, but I never seen any evidence of it over the years. At one time At&t used a tactic called FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) to try and convince and many people as they could to not tether. They weren't really going to charge their customers as it would piss too many of them off. Using FUD would work for them to an extent because they could cause a % of non authorized tethers to be too scared to do it anymore. The built in wifi hack is a little different because many are unsure how easy it is detectable compare to using a third party app. I beg anyone to go find evidence of Verizon billing customers for the use of unauthorized tethering. I've seen some claims such as someone getting billed $80,000 by verizon or some garbage like that, but the handful of people could never produce anything close to being evidence.

I already pay Verizon $300 a month for 3 lines . 2 with unlimited and 1 with 2 gigs per month.I think they are already getting way too much of my money as it is. I'm not one of those guys who pulls down 20-30 gigs a month in fact I rarely go over 10 with all 3 lines . I doubt I'm even a blimp on their radar. That being said thanks for your help earlier. It worked

kamisan

Reaction score
So you have ran it without consequence

Ive been running it fine also on ICS leak 230, the entitlement hack also requires you to change permissions on the settings.db if your using SQLlite, otherwise it is read only and will not update, use root explorer to find the settings.db change the permissions all to checked, re run sql lite and it should work. Will verizon bill you,, they could, I am certain as they get after more of us grandfathered unlimited data people they will find anyway to charge us..

player52

Reaction score
i get error 14 while trying the entitlement hack

foxfi isnt working it keeps crashing so im stuck with pda net which for the record sucks at browsing speeds

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've never had much of a need to tether but since I got a Nexus 7 today I decided to give it a try.
FoxFi worked right away once I downloaded it and set a PW.

I only tested for about 2 minutes but it was fine... will be nice to not have to rely on finding WiFi when I'm out and about.. can just stop anywhere and tether to my nice fast LTE rather than using slow as hell free WiFi at some Starbucks.

bbucks36

Reaction score
I've never had much of a need to tether but since I got a Nexus 7 today I decided to give it a try.
FoxFi worked right away once I downloaded it and set a PW.

I only tested for about 2 minutes but it was fine... will be nice to not have to rely on finding WiFi when I'm out and about.. can just stop anywhere and tether to my nice fast LTE rather than using slow as hell free WiFi at some Starbucks.

glad it works on your nexus but this is questions refering to bionic .230....thanks for your input troll

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
glad it works on your nexus but this is questions refering to bionic .230....thanks for your input troll

You're the troll my friend. Clearly he was using his bionic to give wifi to his, gasp, wifi only nexus 7.

Idiot.

On another note, I've still not been able to get this to work, think I'm going to try .232 tomorrow.

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.