WiFi issue or am I just doing it wrong?

Trever1t

Reaction score
I have a connection to my home network with WPA2. Connection is good. Why can't I websurf? Am I doing something wrong?

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
toadd...If i disable wifi i am able to connect 3g no problem, only upon restoring wifi do i seem to have issue...help?

JBag

Reaction score
my guess would be that you dont have the right password in or you are not fully connected to the web...maybe just connected to the router.

Zennmaster

Reaction score
my guess would be that you dont have the right password in or you are not fully connected to the web...maybe just connected to the router.

That's my guess too. Is your router broadcasting the SSID, and are you sure you've got the right password? It the Droid actually saying you are connected?

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
Yes, I am connected to the router and my router is broadcasting just fine to my laptop and desktop. The droid is saying I am connected to my network.

WiFi seems to take precedence automatically (over g3) as well.

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
this is seriously bugging me....can anyone else lend some insight?

Droid reads "connected"
I am currently posting from my wireless connection from my laptop.

Is there something else I can try?

EDIT: I am able to connect to an unsecured WiFi without issue so indeed it must be in my settings somehow?

Last edited:

sodomojo

Reaction score
this is seriously bugging me....can anyone else lend some insight?

Droid reads "connected"
I am currently posting from my wireless connection from my laptop.

Is there something else I can try?

EDIT: I am able to connect to an unsecured WiFi without issue so indeed it must be in my settings somehow?

I'm having the same issue. I haven't tried conencting a an unsecure network though. But other than that, my problem mirrors yours. Supposedley there is a fix and in another thread somebody asked about it and some moron said it has been spoken of countless times, use the search button. But of course, he didn't offer an advice.

hazydave

Reaction score
Secure WPA-2 connection here...connected to WIFI perfectly.

I don't know quite what the Android OS is handing out in terms of connection info. It's quite possible to negotiate a connection between Wifi devices, but still be locked out due to encryption. If you can, check for an IP address being assigned your device.. that's a clear indicator you've made it past the 802.11 level up to the TCP/IP part of the network stack.

Other than that... double check your router's settings.. that's it's not limiting access based on MAC codes. The problem, of course... if you set it up youself, you have already checked this sort of thing, if not, you probably don't know how (and the details vary by router).

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Did you set up the router yourself and

Did you set up the router yourself and what brand of router? I don't have my Droid yet.. tomorrow!.:icon_ banana:, however I have helped friends set up other Wi-Fi enabled phones and it seems to come down to they don't pick the right setting on the phone re: security and sometimes have a typo when they enter the string. Someone here said there network was not secure(??) and that is a dangerous thing to do in today's world ..

Peace

OP
Trever1t

Trever1t

Reaction score
i set up the router myself but followed a simple onscreen wizard :p It's a Cisco/Linksys N-Ultra WRT310N if that makes any difference?

MikeDroid

Reaction score
What security settings did you use on router?

What security settings did you use on router? WPA ect?

SteveNC

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I'm have the same exact problem. My network is WAP-2, I'm connecting but no surfy....