Newbie: how do I tell if wifi is on?

rpmooreii

Reaction score
Hi,

New to the forums and the Droid2. I set up wifi and entered the correct pw but I can not determine how I know if I am connected wifi or 3G. Under wifi settings I have a green check next to wifi BUT the router that I am supposedly connected to show as "Disabled, WPS Available, secured with WPAS/WPA2 PSK. Periodically under the "WIFI line it will say scanning but this usually happens after the screen has gone to sleep and is awakened.

So am I on wifi or not? Probably a dumb question but I can not find a reference to tell me. If I am not, how do I get connected? This is my own home wifi network so I know the PW is correct and we can connect PCs at will

Thanks in advance for your help.

el_ote

Reaction score
Settings
Wireless and networks
Your home wifi should be listed (if broadcasting SSID) and it should say connected

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

rpmooreii

Reaction score
Thx. My home WFI is shown in the list and signal strength is excellent but under the name of the network it still says ""Disabled, WPS Available, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK"

I know the router is working because the PC from which I am typing this e-mail is connected to the very same network.

What the heck is going on? Do I have a defective phone (I just bought it today)?

Thanks

...Roger

el_ote

Reaction score
I could only suggest that maybe the encryption is incorrect, WEP or WPA/2, but I'm not sure that's a choice when connecting, so my skills end at saying to doublecheck your password...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
R

rpmooreii

Reaction score
thanks for the help. I went back to my pc connection and the encryption is WPA2 PSK. I believe the phone (Droid2 Global) has the capability to use this type of encryption but it will not connect. I know the pw is correct as my mother just connected w/ he pc to this network earlier in the day.

I tried the same thing with my wife's phone (same phone and also purchased today from the same store) and the same thing happens on her phone. Two bad phones?? Seems unlikely but we can not connect to wifi on either. I am not sure what else I can do.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

...Roger

philopraxis

Reaction score
Can you go through the steps you have taken in setting up wifi on your droid?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App