New RAZR won't connect to home WiFi

kingpin6866

Reaction score
Home WiFi Saved, secured with WEP

New Razr is saying my home network is Saved, secured with WEP, however pressing on the connection and then 'connect' seems to do nothing. I've tried 'forgetting' the network and trying again, but to no avail

jaye712

Reaction score
Sally can be my witness,i had issues myself LOL..It might be your router..theres an update around it @the actual i.p..i had my old router for a year,2 the most n it already jamed up..but,since i dont have a p.c around n wasnt able to figure out the problem, i went ahead n got a new router,50/60 bucks n it wrks agian like nothin ever happened,my issue went on for at least a month....i learned to stay away from the low priced ones...My best bet would be to get a new one,saves the headache..i got the "netgear" router

RAZR215unrooted

kris29

Reaction score
my motorola razr wont connect to my new schools wifi but all my other devices do and my razr connects to all other wifis anyone know why its doing this and how to fix it

ive tried forgetting the network and reconnecting but nothing

it says connecting then goes to saved it does that about 4-8 times then it says authentication problem

Last edited:

tandjwalsh

Reaction score
My RAZR wouldn't connect to Wi-Fi after the JB upgrade. Verizon support suggested rebooting. That fixed it for me. I felt a little sheepish that I hadn't thought to turn the phone off and back on before I called for help.

Caraujo11

Reaction score
Same problem here too. Motorola says I need a new router. My ISP is sending one so I'll let you know if that fixes the problem.

Zippster

Reaction score
I can not believe everyone just accepts to go buy new hardware because Motorola says so, lets see, did your router work before the JB update? Do other computers etc still work with the "old" router? Sure they do, so obviously the issue is with their "update"