WiFi issue or am I just doing it wrong?

stevehy

Reaction score
Have had the same problem with my Droid. The NIC in the Droid is not very robust IMHO. It would be connected but not able to surf. I completely solved this problem by downloading WIFI Fixer (in the market; free). It does an icmp ping to keep the connection active and overcomes the lack of robustness of the Droid WIFI.

???

Reaction score
i have a wifi issue that popped up tonight too...

i was out with a buddy that has a iphone and he wanted to test download speed of our 3g ver mine. he had an app called speedtest.net. so i checked and we have it too. so i downloaded it, it worked great. i was around 1.8 meg down and he was almost a meg. the place we were at had wifi, so we tried that too. i went up to a little over 2meg down and he was about the same. we ran each a few times and it varied a bit. my verzion always showed faster thou, so i don't see at&t's hype about being the fastest at all around here. but now when i get home and try to connect to mine. it connects, but no data will go thru. my home wifi has worked before, my laptop is working on it. and i even tired a unlocked singal from next door, it says it connects, gets the ip and then shows connected, but nothing.

my phone is about 3 days old. did the wifi just somehow break? or maybe the app killed it? i've tried uninstalling the speed test app, doing a restart and a battery pull and nothing. it shows connected, good signal, but nothing loads, not even google talk can log in till i turn wifi off.

any thoughts? i did try the wifi fixer app, but it didn't seem to do anything.

wingdo

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps, but my security is set to "automatic" on my connections.

GeLopez

Reaction score
sometimes you have to wait for the router to assign an ip to the device, this can take anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes. can you try to wait?

snooze

Reaction score
Some routers have a security option along the lines of '...use WPA or WPA2.' Meant to allow legacy equipment to work while newer equipment uses WPA2. I found, in case, that if I explicitly told the router WPA2 only I had no problems. If I left the default 'WPA/WPA2' I would experience the exact problem you are having.

???

Reaction score
so after spending some more time searching around, i saw where someone restarted thru router and theirs started working. didn't think i would work since my lap top and ps3 worked just fine. but tried it and it worked.

i have no idea why and would have never thought of it on my own.

oddy enough the speedtest app is showing very slow down loads for wifi at under 1meg. where i can get up around 2meg on 3g and once saw 5.9meg down on wifi. guess that was a good day or something. but i'm happy that its back working at all.