Wifi connection

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
Ive done a general search for this problem but found notging for this particular phone so i figured here was a good place to start, at my job we have an open/guest wifi, when i enable wifi i get wifi signal,bars are blue,after 2 seconds bars turn grey and am unable to access any type of on line activity,wifi settings say connected with good sig strenth but still no access,coworker has same phone and can conbect normally while im standing right next to him,it worked fine as of last night (just purchased phone) have not changed any settings in phone anyone have any clue? Again i have no access to router and is working on another identicle phone

bnpdp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
Under wifi settings, longpress the connection and tell it to forget. Then rescan and reconnect. Hopefully this works.

OP
J

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
Under wifi settings, longpress the connection and tell it to forget. Then rescan and reconnect. Hopefully this works.

Unfortunately the first thing i did was forget,rescan and re connect,no workie, its just odd, says connected, good strength just no internet,like its connected "local" but no web

mbrewzer

Reaction score
I had the same problem after installing a new router in my house. I would get an excellent signal but a grey signal and no internet. Since it was working on the old router before it STB I decided it had to be something in the router setup. Long story short I changed the channel the router was transmitting on and voila it works fine now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums