Why we’re all better off without a Verizon iPhone

NVash

Reaction score
My question was simple, why do you want an iphone?
Good question. I have a Droid but I always liked the idea of being able to switch phones. One thing I hate about Verizon is Im stuck with one whereas with T-Mobile it was as simple as switching SIM cards. Thats one reason. Just to have another phone. The other reasons? Yes, its an iPhone. Thats the second. Third? Id like to see the app store for the iPhone and compare it to the Droids as often as I can. Id like to be able to give an honest opinion as to which phone is better while theyre on the same network. We can talk about AT&T and how it sucks until were blue in the face. Thing is I dont think any of us really have a clue how the iPhone will be on Verizon. I doubt Verizon would take on the challenge and let it mess up the network like AT&T did. Oh, fourth reason, the vidchat feature. Im angry that the Droid 2 does not have that. The fifth, forward facing camera. Those last two are for the 4G which, IIRC, Verizon wouldnt get anyway. Every time I hear rumors about Verizon getting an iPhone its always some older piece of junk. When the 3GS was out they were going to get the 3G. Whod want that?

And that thing about the battery being accessable for the Verizon iPhone? Yeah. Right. Ill believe it when I see it. Thats another reason to not want one, I get tired of going to the Apple store and Im sure its nothing more than a glorified iTouch with a phone. I have an iTouch. Im not impressed.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Every single month it changes a few months down the road that Verizon is getting it but IMO I hope they DON'T just bc of what. The article stated u have 2 have competition to make tech. Better just look at laptops and how fare they have come.....if HP was the only 1 making laptops then how fare would it go....u have 2 have competition n the buiss world 4 it 2 grow!!!!!!

Using TapTalk Damnit

Reaction score
The other day I was at an ATT store and some mature lady 30's/40's was like I WANT AN IPHONE...and they guy that works there was like "WE JUST GOT THE SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE ITS MORE OPEN AND I CAN TELL YOU WHY IS A BETTER PHONE AND IT GETS BETTER EVERYTIME" ....the lady said "I DONT CARE ABOUT OTHER PHONES I JUST WANT AN IPHONE CAUSE ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE IT".......there you go...That's how stupid people can be...IDIOCRAZY on the way...

ColoradoVibe

Reaction score
After being SCAMMED by (Cingular, AT&T, Apple, ITunes, Guinees Bar) or whoever these people are, on warranty work for my iphone 3gs, which now sits atop my closet as a useless box of junk, it's my opinion Verizon is much better off without these people and thier products. I do have to give credit though to AT&T for returning the warranty money I felt they stole from me even though I didn't get the tax's paid on that money. None the less, this very act of kindness on AT&T's part I felt showed that they at least new they were treating a customer WRONG. They still lost a customer and two lines of service.
Thank you Verizon, Motorola, and Google. This DroidX is an amazing work of technolidgy.

RolandOG

Reaction score
I don't want it for one simple reason: bandwidth. When I first got my Droid in January I was really happy with how fast it was online. For the last couple months I've noticed it getting slower and slower while browsing and I attribute it to all the new users getting smartphones and taking up bandwidth. Can you imagine what it would be like if Verizon quickly added 4-8 million new users? It'd be terrible.

BTW, I know it's not my phone as it is blindingly fast online when connecting via wifi.

Beardface

Reaction score
Apple crapped the sheets by never going to Verizon in the first place, and now they're going to pay for it. Sure, there will be a lot of people that jump and buy and iPhone when it comes out. Screw those people. If they want a phone thats dumbed down to the point where the only thing you can have on your home screen is buttons to apps that you can run and not be able to truly multi-task, then let them. Thats all the iPhone is good for, and its all it will ever be good for. Dumb people who want things to work for them instead of people who want to understand how and why it works.

Unfortunately for Apple, enough people have jumped onto the Android platform, that they will be very disappointed if they move back to Apple. Like the widgets you have so that you don't have to switch from app to app to check scores, weather, time, email, messages, facebook, etc? Can't do that on the iPhone. Like to be able to make a Google search or continue with GPS navigation while talking with someone on the phone? Can't do that on the iPhone.

The only thing, and I mean ONLY thing that Apple has on Android right now is the quality of apps in the App Store/Market. But even that is changing with a lot of the quality developers starting to port their games and other apps to the Android Market.

There might be a influx of iPhone buyers if and when they come to Verizon, but it won't be as much as you think. In fact, I think it will get to the point where the iPhone might be a 'starter' smart phone for people who are going from dumb phones to smart phones, where they go from the iPhone to the Android platform once they get used to it.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
The other day I was at an ATT store and some mature lady 30's/40's was like I WANT AN IPHONE...and they guy that works there was like "WE JUST GOT THE SAMSUNG CAPTIVATE ITS MORE OPEN AND I CAN TELL YOU WHY IS A BETTER PHONE AND IT GETS BETTER EVERYTIME" ....the lady said "I DONT CARE ABOUT OTHER PHONES I JUST WANT AN IPHONE CAUSE ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE IT".......there you go...That's how stupid people can be...IDIOCRAZY on the way...

Man...this video holds truer an truer everyday..

[video=youtube;FL7yD-0pqZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=FL7yD-0pqZg]YouTube - iPhone4 vs HTC Evo[/video]

Darkseider

Reaction score

Did she want the one with the wifis and the more GBs? :icon_eek:

Nausicaa

Reaction score
Ok both iphone and blackberry are dumb, thanks for your input :p

Sent from my Droid
Thats exactly my point, thanks for proving it.

It doesn't seem like most people enjoy technology for uses, and instead choose to bash other brands. Most people on this forum I feel aren't exactly loving droid, rather they are hating on apple.

Sure thats fine, but its deconstructive. Its not beneficial to Android users nor to iPhone users.

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
Ok both iphone and blackberry are dumb, thanks for your input :p

Sent from my Droid
Thats exactly my point, thanks for proving it.

It doesn't seem like most people enjoy technology for uses, and instead choose to bash other brands. Most people on this forum I feel aren't exactly loving droid, rather they are hating on apple.

Sure thats fine, but its deconstructive. Its not beneficial to Android users nor to iPhone users.

Meh

Sent from my Droid

kimm

Reaction score
Hello,
All fo you gave very nice information. this is very informative.by the way we have so many different different type of apps for iphones you can download browse the App Store for games and apps for business, entertainment, and more.

thanks!!

download software
free download
free software

Last edited:

chaz.ring

Reaction score
Hello,
All fo you gave very nice information. this is very informative.by the way we have so many different different type of apps for iphones you can download best quotes . Browse the App Store for games and apps for business, entertainment, and more.

thanks!!

Not sure if you know this, but "NEWS FLASH" you can also browse for apps via business, entertainment, and a lot more.....not sure what your post was trying to prove, other than you sound like the perfect candidate for the iphone.

That video is hillarious....and soooooooo true.... The at&t guy in the mall stopped me and my wife while walking through the other day....he see's my wife texting on her phone (envy touch, My droid is out of site in my pocket) and he say's "hey, is that a verizon phone?".....my wife says yes, he then says would you take the time to see what we can offer ya. (my wife is a true bargain shopper and is not brand loyal, nor does she want a smart phone) she say's "sure". He goes on about different plans and then how much we need iphone's...blah, blah, I finally ask him what is so great about the iphone compared to the Droid os. He says that thier speeds are way faster than any droid. I then pulled out my DINC (stock) and his eyes bug a little. I ask him if I can play a bit with that iphone.

Side by Side...... Iphone4 and my stock DINC.....
on the internet the Iphone on 4G was faster by almost unnoticeable amounts......I laughed and asked if that's what he means. He say's that my phone must be overclocked and what not...... nope. Just a quality 3G network...soon to be upgrading to LTE..:icon_ banana: