I am wanting to go to the iPhone more an more...

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do what makes you happy. As a new iPhone user, you're going to be limited to your MB usage. You mention all this Pandora streaming and movies. Well, you're going to love your phone bills with AT&T.

Omega Blaze

Reaction score
Stick with the droid dude!

You have to realize, the droid operating system has only been out for only 2+ years.

The iphone has been out atleast 5+ years.

We've caught up with apple in terms of EVERYTHING in only 2 years!

Just gotta stick with it brah..

Unless you wanna drop calls and blame it on the way your holding the phone.= P

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Drop it go to Apple... your choice have fun with your lockdowned phone an your crappy service.

So i say to you Sir....

NAH NAH NAH NAHHHHH NAH NAH NAH NAHHHHH HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE :)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

You have to realize, the droid operating system has only been out for only 2+ years.

game set and match! well put sir, well put.

Omega Blaze

Reaction score

game set and match! well put sir, well put.

Thanks. I appreciate it!

mikejr

Reaction score
Do it - you won't be disappointed.

I'm a Sys Architect(Linux) by trade - and usually a big fan of OS projects no matter how big or small; and for the longest time I was extremely anti-Apple, especially concerning the desktop/server OS.

I got a Driod a while back through work, upgraded from a BB Storm - loved it for the most part but it was buggy. I'd get the occasional black screen, and bad lag every now and then; but still no complaints. When the time came for me to pick a new phone, I grabbed a Pre Plus, and really enjoyed that phone for a few months - finally giving that to the wife and grabbing an iPhone 4 for myself.

I won't say it's worlds better, but I like it better. I get bombarded with complexity all day long, so the simplicity of the iphone is refreshing to me.

Here in this part of VA, I've had less dropped calls on AT&T than I did on Verizon, primarily due to a VZW dead spot on one of the roads near my house. So for me - everything's been a good fit.

Quick disclaimer: I dick around with configurations and one-offs all day long, so I never rooted my old Droid, nor will I root the iPhone. I'm also a parent so I need the phone to function properly when I need to use it. Waaay back when I had a Palm Treo, I used to be pretty active as a homebrew developer - but age an other responsibilities put a savage end to those shenanigans.

Last edited:

everstar80

Reaction score
AT&T is a horrible company with horrible tech support. I was with them for over six years and instead of helping you with problems with your phone they just tell you to buy another one. I don't care if the iphone was made of gold and they were giving it away if at&t has anything to do with it they can keep it.

bigtex52

Reaction score
If all you want it for is the apps, you will probably like your iPhone. If you plan to make phone calls with it, maybe not.
When I had my iPhone, I never completed a phone call without having to redial several times. AT&T phone service sucks. Before AT&T, I had Sprint, Nextel, SW Bell Wireless/Cingular/TMobile. They all have lousy service and lousier customer no service.

Since I getting a D1 last fall, the only dropped calls I ever have are talking to my friends who are still with AT&T, Sprint, TMobile, etc.
Good luck with your future experience.

PS. Can I have your Droid if you are through with it? dancedroiddancedroid