Jailbroken Iphone 4 vs Rooted andorid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Now that the Iphone will be available on verizon, I find myself thinking...hmmm.

What can a rooted android phone do that a jailbroken iphone 4 cannot?

My guess is Flash. I hear they have Frash, but that it crashes constantly.

I also hate itunes.

Is there any benefit to moving to the iphone 4 IF I JAILBREAK IT?

I know the answers will be biased, but remember, I would jailbreak it so some of the traditional apple restrictions should be avoidable.

chanerade

Reaction score
Dude, a rooted android phone blows a jail broken iphone out of the water

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

triptych

Reaction score
Dude, a rooted android phone blows a jail broken iphone out of the water

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
X2

Who in their right mind would go from android to an idiot phone???
Also consider the fact that the iPhone4 is old hardware already. No lte, single core processor, and a bad antenna (maybe fixed for verizon model???) In june the new model will be out and you'll have 1.5 years to go on your contract.

Droid592

Reaction score
All i can say is i think the Droid:blackdroid: world has just completely surpassed the whole iphone deal. I had one when they first came out and it was GARBAGE i hated that phone, dont get me wrong this is a GREAT thing for Verizon and its about time that it happens but you wont see me with anything else in my hand but a DROID.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
All i can say is i think the Droid:blackdroid: world has just completely surpassed the whole iphone deal. I had one when they first came out and it was GARBAGE i hated that phone, dont get me wrong this is a GREAT thing for Verizon and its about time that it happens but you wont see me with anything else in my hand but a DROID.

It's funny when I read comments like this because according to some the IPhone is just so perfect and so much better than Android and it just works and it's just so smooth and everyone would rather have an IPhone.

I don't think a lot of people are going to switch but I do think a lot of people going from Android to their first IPhone will have buyer's remorse.

Psj77

Reaction score
I've had an iphone, and my current d2g. I love customizing my phone and the iphone just wasn't enough for me. Rooted droids are awesome! But certain aspects of droids are so sweet, like the pull down bar and stuff.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I was one of the first to get a droid and did so the day they were released.

Since then I have really enjoyed my droid, but I have seen little issues here and there.

With that said I have NO loyalty to an OS or manufacturer. I cannot stress that enough. While both the Android and Apple fanboi's will loudly proclaim their's is the best, the diffences between them seem to become smaller and smaller, especially once you talk about Jailbreaking.

Now I have NO experience with an Iphone. I do have experience with an Ipod touch, and my experience wasn't bad except for being forced to use itunes and the restrictions apple places on customization.

As long as my smartphone can do what I want it to and how I want it to, I have no preference.

Can any of you give me specifics as to why a rooted droid "blows a jail broken iphone out of the water" on the verizon network? I really hate general statements without any actual content.

Last edited:
OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I've had an iphone, and my current d2g. I love customizing my phone and the iphone just wasn't enough for me. Rooted droids are awesome! But certain aspects of droids are so sweet, like the pull down bar and stuff.

Yeah, but I hear that Iphone's can be customized once jailbroken...

audioman42

Reaction score
When hacked, they're pretty much identical. You're basically just choosing between a HIGHLY polished operating system & the freedom to pick your hardware. Out of the box though, I believe android gets the nod.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I used to have the iPhone 3GS until I became fed up with it and picked up a D1 a year and a half ago. I don't miss the iPhone one bit.

I don't miss the jailbreak merry-go-round. (jailbreak-update-jailbreak-update... etc.)

I don't miss the spotty service.

I don't miss the lack of customization.

I DEFINITELY don't miss iTunes.

I don't play games so the apps issue is moot. I love the 4.3 inch screen on my DX and I don't plan on ever buying a phone with a smaller screen since they all look microscopic now.

I'm all-in when the Android LTE phones start showing up around town.

kq6ea

Reaction score
I, too, just jumped from an iPhone to a Droid X. I got tired of paying AT&T $68 a month when I can get better service for $30 a month.
And since we already have a Verizon Family Plan, they waived the $9.95 extra line charge for 2 'years.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
When hacked, they're pretty much identical. You're basically just choosing between a HIGHLY polished operating system & the freedom to pick your hardware. Out of the box though, I believe android gets the nod.

This is what my impression is, but I really have no direct experience with a jailbroken Iphone.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I, too, just jumped from an iPhone to a Droid X. I got tired of paying AT&T $68 a month when I can get better service for $30 a month.
And since we already have a Verizon Family Plan, they waived the $9.95 extra line charge for 2 'years.

I'm talking about staying on verizon, so this concern is mute.

OP
T

tsitalon1

Reaction score
I used to have the iPhone 3GS until I became fed up with it and picked up a D1 a year and a half ago. I don't miss the iPhone one bit.

I don't miss the jailbreak merry-go-round. (jailbreak-update-jailbreak-update... etc.)

I don't miss the spotty service.

I don't miss the lack of customization.

I DEFINITELY don't miss iTunes.

I don't play games so the apps issue is moot. I love the 4.3 inch screen on my DX and I don't plan on ever buying a phone with a smaller screen since they all look microscopic now.

I'm all-in when the Android LTE phones start showing up around town.

I'll try to address all your points. Again, I'm not taking sides just posting my concerns.

I really don't plan on using itunes ever! I would look for a jailbreak app that would allow me drag and drop capability.

Don't have to worry about spotty service, I'll be staying on verizon.

I hear you can customize using winterboard.

LTE will be a long time coming where I live, I am not in a big city so I wouldn't really be "wasting" an upgrade discount.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Coming from someone with a JB IPad, no competition. As soon as they can port over Galaxy Pad Rom to IPad, I will have a Rooted IPad Galaxy Android Tablet.

Status
Not open for further replies.