rooted droid vs jailbroken iphone

topaz330

Reaction score
MNow that we have countless iphone and stock droid comparasons are there any, comparing a rooted overclocked droid vs jailbroken iphones? I love my droid stock but did think the iphone was a better smoother operating phone. Now that my phone is rooted I actual feel this phone is better than a stock iphone but not sure how it compares to a jailbroken one.opinions? ?

antyoo

Reaction score
MNow that we have countless iphone and stock droid comparasons are there any, comparing a rooted overclocked droid vs jailbroken iphones? I love my droid stock but did think the iphone was a better smoother operating phone. Now that my phone is rooted I actual feel this phone is better than a stock iphone but not sure how it compares to a jailbroken one.opinions? ?

3 of my friends have jailbroken iphones(3gs). 2 of them run home replacement apps to get some of the features of android like the android lock screen, and background pictures. jailbraking an iphone, from what i have seen, simply allows for tweaking the look of the user interface, doesnt really change the operation of the phone(but the home replacement apps are not stable) and allows for pirated software. i recently rooted my droid and it also just allowed for tweaking the user interface(with the exception of overclocking:)), although to a much greater extent than the jailbroken iphones

the two friends running home replacement apps are strongly considering getting a Nexus when it becomes available for ATT(although i would wait till it comes out for verizon). one says that he likes how android is geared towards the person that likes to tinker while the iphone is for the average user. the other simply says he is "tired of" and "over" the iphone and really wants to have flash some day.

bloodstains

Reaction score
I know I will get **** for this, but I agree. My girlfriends iphone is definitely smoother than my Droid. Now that its rooted/overclocked it is MUCH smoother than stock but still not as smooth/snappy as the iphone. HOWEVER it is insanely more powerful and capable of doing anything I want, there's no way I would ever trade it for an iphone.

SGTiger

Reaction score
i recently rooted my droid and it also just allowed for tweaking the user interface(with the exception of overclocking:)), although to a much greater extent than the jailbroken iphones

Rooting a droid allows for more than o/c and tweaking the user interface as it allows for root only apps such as wifi tethering.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
my ex-boss was huge in to "messing" with his iPhone and jailbroke it, and was always coming up with things he could do since jailbraking it. The stock Droid does so much that he had to jailbrake his phone for.

On FB I'd say that I did this, or I did that. He'd chime in and say, "I can do that with my iPhone."

I'd respond with, "Yeah, but my phone is stock."

Usually shuts him down right away.

Rooted can only be that much better!

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
i recently rooted my droid and it also just allowed for tweaking the user interface(with the exception of overclocking:)), although to a much greater extent than the jailbroken iphones

Rooting a droid allows for more than o/c and tweaking the user interface as it allows for root only apps such as wifi tethering.
There are jailbroke only apps for iPhone too. Bad argument. And the home replacements look better than the ones we currently got. Don't believe me, go look at them.

superglen99

Reaction score
Okay so my buddy jailbroke his iphone and told me how great it was. he was saying he has themes and folders and now he can multi-task? Is this possible even with jailbroken iphone? I call BS I think he is confused but I could be wrong? anyone?

SGTiger

Reaction score

There are jailbroke only apps for iPhone too. Bad argument. And the home replacements look better than the ones we currently got. Don't believe me, go look at them.

Read the post as it wasn't an argument against the iPhone. The poster said, "rooting the droid just allowed for tweaking and overclocking". I refuted that. What are you talking about? I know nothing about the iPhone nor do I want to. If you love the iPhone, more power to you.

ldimick

Reaction score
Okay so my buddy jailbroke his iphone and told me how great it was. he was saying he has themes and folders and now he can multi-task? Is this possible even with jailbroken iphone? I call BS I think he is confused but I could be wrong? anyone?

There is an app for the jailbroken iPhone that will allow things to run in the background. I used to jailbreak my iPhones too but the only reason I did was to get the app that allowed folders. Similar to APP ORGANIZER for the Droid. I also used to ssh to it. But those are things you can do with a stock Droid.

destinydmm

Reaction score
Two of my friends both have jailbroken iDonts. The one thing they keep pestering me with is that they are able to have video wallpapers! One has an edited looping video of IronMan 1 & 2 as his wallpaper :cus:!!! Any idea if we can do this in the Droid:icon_question:

Last edited:

destinydmm

Reaction score
Two of my friends both have jailbroken iDonts. The one thing they keep pestering me with is that they are able to have video wallpapers! One has an edited looping video of IronMan 1 & 2 as his wallpaper :cus:!!! Any idea if we can do this in the Droid:icon_question:

Any takers on this???