Android phones Vs. iPhone 4

iPirate

Reaction score
Going from Android to iphone would be like throwing a free roaming chicken into one of those dark sheds where they step on eachother and sleep in theirs and others ****. I see nothing appealing with the iphone

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Going from Android to iphone would be like throwing a free roaming chicken into one of those dark sheds where they step on eachother and sleep in theirs and others ****. I see nothing appealing with the iphone

Not to mention, besides customizing the phone to your liking, the paid apps becomes a deterrent to switching, as well.

Who wants to invest $30-$50 or more paying for apps and then turn around and do it all over to switch to Apple? Not to mention, I don't care how great IPhone is, there's still a learning curve to set-up all the apps and do your back-ups, etc...

Mostly I think BB is the one at major risk as the others catch-up on doing the email thing right. IPhone and Android users I think will be reluctant to cross platforms because, so long as their phone is doing what they want, it takes more than just some prettier widgets and little sleaker phone to get people to switch.

Don't care what anyone says, there is little true differentiation at this point as far as content and function (BB and corp e-mail aside).

Camera and ram are the only two reasons I legitimately see myself upgrading this phone before it dies, and unless a new Droid is as painful of a switch as other alternatives I'd be unlikely to change.

B-Unit

Reaction score

I wouldnt say nothing...

The new physical design is nice. If I could put android on it, I might buy one...

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have to say, as much as I love my Droid and my wife loves her Blackberry; we would both drop them today if the iPhone came to Verizon. In a heartbeat.

I got to be completely honest, i would also. Theres a lot of apps i love on the iPhone that i cant get on Android.

I love my Incredible though and it aint going nowhere unless the iPhone hits Verizon.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Snap to column view (HTC Browser)
2. Updated Google Maps with Nav.
3. Sync your Google contact,calender,etc.....
4. Give a choice to have flash or not in the browser.
5. Itunes sucks. Get rid of it.

Unless Iphone changes the following, I'm not going anywhere.

Last edited:

Detonation

Reaction score
The new iPhone will sell like hotcakes. The display is gorgeous. The user interface is polished. The (limited) multitasking will meet the needs of about 99% of users. The performance will be more than adequate and more importantly, predictable. The only thing holding it back will be its network.

Agreed. Like you said, 99% of cell phones don't know or care about multitasking, let alone the open source possibilities of Android. They just want something that works. Add a beautiful interface to that and you've got a very appealing product.

For as much as I love the customization of my Droid, I am still jealous of the fluidity of the iphones interface, and now, the screen.

Taegost

Reaction score
The new iPhone will sell like hotcakes. The display is gorgeous. The user interface is polished. The (limited) multitasking will meet the needs of about 99% of users. The performance will be more than adequate and more importantly, predictable. The only thing holding it back will be its network.

Agreed. Like you said, 99% of cell phones don't know or care about multitasking, let alone the open source possibilities of Android. They just want something that works. Add a beautiful interface to that and you've got a very appealing product.

For as much as I love the customization of my Droid, I am still jealous of the fluidity of the iphones interface, and now, the screen.

Agreed, unfortunately... I'm still of the mindset that people should be required to get a license before they're allowed to touch a computer... Or procreate... :)
As far as your jealousy though... The screen is nice, but not that much nicer, and just wait until 2.2.... It's smooth as silk!
My droid runs better on 2.2 clocked at 400MHz with 15 programs running then it did on 2.1 at 1.2GHz with 8/15 programs running, and I'm not even exaggerating :)