Why does sch-i515 mean a nexus phone?

Jester6x

Reaction score
I would be the first in line if a nexus phone came to Verizon but why are people saying that the sch-i515 is going to be the nexus prime (droid prime) when the Samsung Charge was the sch-i510? Wouldn't it be more logical that the sch-i515 would be a Charge successor?

I realize BGR released this with their insider info but lets be honest, their track record is less than stellar.

Also it falls into place with what the Verizon exec said in the WSJ article that they didn't want the GS2 because they have the Samsung Charge.

Or am I way off on this?

ThePsychicSaw

Reaction score
It doesn't and you're not. No one knows on these forums that are openly talking about it at least.

Watch the sch-i515 become the Samsung Illusion.

patriot95

Reaction score
Verizon's version of the Prime will probably have normal Samsung numbering being that it *probably* wont be tagged as a Nexus. Even though I'm going to buy, root, and wipe out the bloatware... I don't see Verizon releasing a TRUE Nexus device. Here's to hoping they prove me wrong.

ThePsychicSaw

Reaction score
Regardless of the outcome, the Droid Bionic is the first TRUE upgrade from the original Droid.

I see nothing but benefit for letting things settle for at least 2-4 weeks and if nothing promising
rears its head Bionic on (hopefully) a price drop would be lovely.

I see the HTC vigor dissapointing already personally, still very scared of that battery life.

But a stock phone in any way is a positive that we are all hoping for, but whos to say ICS is a os change we like?

bigdad63

Reaction score
My next phone has to have screen resolution that doesn't leave me envious of a retina display. The biopic screen just doesn't cut it. Not even better than my D1.

patriot95

Reaction score
Regardless of the outcome, the Droid Bionic is the first TRUE upgrade from the original Droid.

I see nothing but benefit for letting things settle for at least 2-4 weeks and if nothing promising
rears its head Bionic on (hopefully) a price drop would be lovely.

I see the HTC vigor dissapointing already personally, still very scared of that battery life.

But a stock phone in any way is a positive that we are all hoping for, but whos to say ICS is a os change we like?

I think HTC's experience with the ThunderDolt will benefit them with the Vigor.

And I agree... the screen on the Bionic could have been better. It does feel nice in the hand though.