Droid 'Prime' Receives WiFi Certification; Nexus Prime Gets Bluetooth Certification

EFGantry

Reaction score
yeah, GizmoCrunch cites AndroidSoul, who cites Droid-Life, who cites BGR. after taking a few deep breaths, i realized that Gizmo isn't relying on any of its own sources, but is merely giving its own interpretation to a 3rd iteration/interpretation of the original BGR article.....

b-jammin21

Reaction score
yeah, GizmoCrunch cites AndroidSoul, who cites Droid-Life, who cites BGR. after taking a few deep breaths, i realized that Gizmo isn't relying on any of its own sources, but is merely giving its own interpretation to a 3rd iteration/interpretation of the original BGR article.....

+1. That's how I interpreted the article. After reading each source, I determined that the primary source (BGR) made no confirmation on what the latter sources determined (if that makes any sense lol).

Reaction score
Someone told me that the Nexus Prime is going to be sim free, and the Droid Prime will be for Verizon. If that's the case, couldn't we just buy a Nexus Prime and a VZW LTE simcard and use it with the Nexus Prime? I'd rather do that since it will be stock Android instead of crappy blur'd

blur is proprietary to Motorola. If its a toss up whether it will have samsung's touchwiz, or vanilla android.

creaky

Reaction score

OK, sorry if I got anybody's blood pressure up - was at work when I saw the Gizmo article and didn't have time to check through the backlog of citations. Let's go VZW nexus prime!

[witty pun concerning the current ROM and custom memory script on my device]

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
if that article is true, Verizon is stupid. Seriously, how can you pass up the SG2 and the Nexus Prime? Why does Verizon keep letting awesome phones pass them and go to their competition. Even if Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have the same phone, anyone that wants all around excellent quality would choose the NPrime on Verizon's network rather than T-Mo's fake and slow 4G -.-

God, the Vigor is starting to become the next phone I get. I hope Verizon stops this nonsense..lol

Last edited by a moderator:

b-jammin21

Reaction score
if that article is true, Verizon is stupid. Seriously, how can you pass up the SG2 and the Nexus Prime? Why does Verizon keep letting awesome phones pass them and go to their competition. Even if Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile have the same phone, anyone that wants all around excellent quality would choose the NPrime on Verizon's network rather than T-Mo's fake and slow 4G -.-

God, the Vigor is starting to become the next phone I get. I hope Verizon stops this nonsense..lol

Nice rant. Lol. I appreciate your passion because I feel the same way you do. I, however, do not think this article is true. Whoever wrote this it is an idiot and truly knows nothing at this point...

Last edited by a moderator:

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Nice rant. Lol. I appreciate your passion because I feel the same way you do. I, however, do not think this article is true. Whoever wrote this it is an idiot and truly knows nothing at this point...
Haha, I try my best :) I guess all we can do is hope and wait.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
True story. At this point, from all the rumors I've heard, I'm telling myself that the Nexus Prime WILL be coming to Verizon sometime in October (maybe November), and I won't believe anything different til I have hard evidence. And once it drops, I WILL be using my upgrade to purchase it.

sb1831

Reaction score
Someone told me that the Nexus Prime is going to be sim free, and the Droid Prime will be for Verizon. If that's the case, couldn't we just buy a Nexus Prime and a VZW LTE simcard and use it with the Nexus Prime? I'd rather do that since it will be stock Android instead of crappy blur'd

If it's not going to VZW as a Nexus Prime, it makes absolutely ZERO sense for them to include the LTE radio into the phone given that 1. They're is absolutely no benefit with the added cost and 2. LTE radios still use different freqs on different carriers.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
If it's not going to VZW as a Nexus Prime, it makes absolutely ZERO sense for them to include the LTE radio into the phone given that 1. They're is absolutely no benefit with the added cost and 2. LTE radios still use different freqs on different carriers.
No benefit? You're telling me that the speed of 4G is useless?

Still think it's going to Verizon, until something official comes up, I'm not changing my mind. Everything we've seen so far hints that it is going to Verizon..

sb1831

Reaction score
No benefit? You're telling me that the speed of 4G is useless?

Still think it's going to Verizon, until something official comes up, I'm not changing my mind. Everything we've seen so far hints that it is going to Verizon..

Wow strong lack of comprehension skills.