Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime Gets Bluetooth Cert; Device has a CDMA Radio

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-prime-bluetooth.jpg

The new Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime just passed its Bluetooth certification tests, and the report filed shows a CDMA radio on the phone. The device that made its way through the gamut was not specifically named, except for the model number with was SCH-i515, which, according to everything we know so far, is the Nexus/Droid Prime.

The phone is clearly coming to North America, according to the docs. Furthermore, SCH tends to be part of Verizon's naming convention, so all the pieces are lining up. Although we reported a rumor previously that the phone could be called the Samsung Droid Prime, because it is coming to Verizon, we have also heard other "rumint" that conflicts with that, and that the Prime will keep its Nexus moniker. For now, we will have to wait until October (or perhaps sooner if something leaks) to find out.

You can discuss this further at our DroidForums section @Droid Prime. Alternatively, please check out our dedicated sister-site for the Droid/Nexus @PrimeForums.com

Source: PrimeForums.com via Droid-Life

konsciousk

Reaction score
With the Prime and Vigor possibly coming to Verizon in October, who here still actually wants the Bionic?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the Prime and Vigor possibly coming to Verizon in October, who here still actually wants the Bionic?

haha yeah i'm over the bionic. that phone was hyped up to the point where it got boring. on to the next rumor!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Vigor made my ears perk up, but if this is truly a "Nexus" coming to VZW with LTE...do want.

magdream

Reaction score

With my D1 pretty much unusable (unable to unlock phone because the left side of the screen is unresponsive) since early July, I don't think I can wait much longer. I can always reactivate my LG Voyager to hold me over until October, but I'm not sure that's a much better option. Plus I like Moto phones, I hear the battery life should be better than anything Samsung or Htc releases, and unless the screen is really that bad, I like the idea of it looking good in daylight. We'll see.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

Depends on what these brings. I'm not a fan of HTC and Samsung phones are too plastic for my tastes. Hardware for both are still in the rumor and CPU speed doesn't impress me until I have an idea on the processor.

So for me, the Bionic is still a contender. If what they're saying about the Bionic is true. Good radio and battery life I'll jump on it over these two.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
With my D1 pretty much unusable (unable to unlock phone because the left side of the screen is unresponsive) since early July, I don't think I can wait much longer. I can always reactivate my LG Voyager to hold me over until October, but I'm not sure that's a much better option. Plus I like Moto phones, I hear the battery life should be better than anything Samsung or Htc releases, and unless the screen is really that bad, I like the idea of it looking good in daylight. We'll see.

If you go back to your voyager I believe you'll loose your unlimited data. Since you can't go from feature to smart phone and keep the unlimited now.

If you need a spare phone you should grab a $40ish Palm Pixi. It's a smart phone so you'll keep your unlimited data.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on what these brings. I'm not a fan of HTC and Samsung phones are too plastic for my tastes. Hardware for both are still in the rumor and CPU speed doesn't impress me until I have an idea on the processor.

So for me, the Bionic is still a contender. If what they're saying about the Bionic is true. Good radio and battery life I'll jump on it over these two.

Whered you see things about the Bionic battery? Just curious as I'd like to take a look. I hope it wasn't that Droid-Life article from the other day where the guy put his bionic in a safe and didnt use it for two days haha...

Tegamal

Reaction score

Watch out activating a non-smartphone, even for an hour!

I've heard several people say when they went back & activated a different smartphone, they were no longer grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, but forced into a tiered plan.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Whered you see things about the Bionic battery? Just curious as I'd like to take a look. I hope it wasn't that Droid-Life article from the other day where the guy put his bionic in a safe and didnt use it for two days haha...

It's been all over the Droid news for weeks. Testers for the Bionic rave about it's battery life.

From Droid Life.

Battery LifeWhile we have no official confirmation that the Bionic will have exceptional battery life, that is certainly what we are hearing from numerous sources. Both Moto reps and our insiders have bragged about the life they are seeing while running on 4G LTE. We all know how badly the Thunderbolt has struggled since day 1 – let us hope the Bionic can change our expectations.

Why I’m Still Excited For the Release of the DROID Bionic - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Like I said it's just what testers have been saying. But I believe there was a picture of the bionics battery taken next to the Droid HD. The battery is HUGE.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
If you go back to your voyager I believe you'll loose your unlimited data. Since you can't go from feature to smart phone and keep the unlimited now.

If you need a spare phone you should grab a $40ish Palm Pixi. It's a smart phone so you'll keep your unlimited data.

I highly recommend against using a Palm Pixi, I would get a Droid screen replacement before purchasing such a poor device.

magdream

Reaction score

Watch out activating a non-smartphone, even for an hour!

I've heard several people say when they went back & activated a different smartphone, they were no longer grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, but forced into a tiered plan.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thanks for the warning. I know October is that far off, but there's a big difference between Oct. 1st, and Oct 31st. And that's not even guaranteed.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
ISN'T that far off.

Yup! August flew by, so hopefully September will to.

Amusing this will launch in Oct. We all know how phone launches are!