Verizon's Galaxy S3's CPU Relegated To Dual Core Duty?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
jroc said:
Like it was already mentioned...lte is the reason.

Its the reason why the exynos dual core chip isn't on too many or any lte phones.

That and if I read correctly, the fastest data speeds on the exynos is 21mbps. Which to me doesn't make sense, that's about what I max out at on my RAZR in good reception areas.

I have never once complained about it.

That was for HSPA+. When T-Mobile launched their 41 or 42mbps stuff they needed the Snapdragon to support it.

JoeeDB

Reaction score
These back & forth rumors are getting pretty old... I'm just gonna wait for 100% confirmed information I guess.

Reaction score
Won't stop me from getting one. Could care less about Quad this or SuperMultiTriHetero Cores......

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Meh, I know it's mostly meaningless, but if the SGS3 has dual core I might just settle for a discounted Maxx when the time comes, probably buying it off of Craigslist. I made the mistake of buying outdated tech that just launched when I bought the Thunderbolt, I don't know if I want to do that again.

??? The S4 processor is no joke...it has some serious power. If dont want to make a mistake buying outdated tech....then i wouldnt choose the razr maxx....
The S4 has a 28nm die size compared to the 45nm die size all of the current phone are currently running (meaning better power savings), also the S4 has an integrated 4G chip further more decreasing battery usage.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wasn't quad-core also supposed to have fixed things that were wrong/worse in dual-core phones for even better battery? Either way, for a two-year phone..(not that I keep my phones anywhere near that long) quad-core would have just been nice to have as it's more future proof and you're "with the times". But I'll take LTE and the S4 over 3G/HSPA+ any day. Either way, I'll definitely likely be picking this phone or the Journal this summer.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
ALL this Dual core Quad core nonsense is getting out of hand, when you take your phone out of your pocket, purse, holster, the main thing anyone cares about is, does my phone still have juice to get me through the day, does it keep me connected to my outside world, all this dual core quad core nonsense is for the manufacturers to have you go and buy a new phone every six months, like sheep. In REAL WORLD tests a single core dual core and quad core make no difference. Now if you are building a gaming rig "that's what I do for a hobby" then yes you might care about dual core and quad core processing from CPU to GPU, but in a smartphone it is getting old, if you can tell me that you can't browse the web, send and receive email, text, and the sort with a single core smartphone you are just beign ignorant.<br>
I own the HTC Rezound and my previous phone was the HTC Incredible "that my brother now uses", both do the same thing, the only difference between the two is that the Rezound has is a bigger screen and LTE, the Incredible is still smoking fast and does everything the Rezound does, and I was one of the first to own one "Incredible" when they first came out.

Last edited: