SK Telecom in Korea Getting the Best Samsung Galaxy S III; Quad-core Exynos & 2GB RAM

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs3-quad-core-and-2gb-ram.jpeg

As you folks probably already know, there are a couple different versions of the Samsung Galaxy S III. Their is the International version that comes with the Quad-Core Exynos processor from Samsung and 1GB of RAM, and there is the one for the United States. In order to keep compatibility with LTE radios, this one sports the dual-core Snapdragon S4 from Qualcomm, but goes up to 2GB of RAM to make up for the difference in processor. Apparently, the birthplace of the Galaxy S III will get the best of both worlds. This new leaked pic from PhoneArena seems to indicate that SK Telecom in Korea will be getting a 32GB Samsung Galaxy S III variant that has both the Quad-core Exynos processor from Samsung and 2GB of RAM! It used to be that Japan got the best tech gadgets. Lately it seems like Korea is starting to trump them.

Source: S3Forums via PhoneArena

Eric18

Reaction score
WTFrik............ :happy3: I guess I'm going to have to wait till next year to get a phone I want. I really want one from Samsung that has the Quad core, High Resolution AMOLED screen display, Hopefully their YOUM Tech (Their Flexible Screens), 4GB Ram, 12MP camera, and All day Battery............. but who knows:blink: and maybe even NVIDIA graphics??????

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
i see its listed under LTE, so my question being, would one be able to buy the korea one and use it here in the states for 4g lte on verizon?

crwys

Reaction score
i see its listed under LTE, so my question being, would one be able to buy the korea one and use it here in the states for 4g lte on verizon?
In the picture it shows that the Quad Core 2GB ram device uses HSPA+, in other words GSM.
Verizon uses CDMA so there is no way this phone would work on Verizon or any other CDMA carriers.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
WTFrik............ :happy3: I guess I'm going to have to wait till next year to get a phone I want. I really want one from Samsung that has the Quad core, High Resolution AMOLED screen display, Hopefully their YOUM Tech (Their Flexible Screens), 4GB Ram, 12MP camera, and All day Battery............. but who knows:blink: and maybe even NVIDIA graphics??????

What the hell are you going to do with 4GB of RAM, dual boot windows 7?

kparks

Reaction score
Hugh Jass said:
What the hell are you going to do with 4GB of RAM, dual boot windows 7?

LOL my thoughts exactly.. I'm waiting for tablets to get 2gb of ram how can a phone have more ram than a tab there working the wrong way lol

cloudman7

Reaction score
One of the reasons is that USA is getting LTE and a duel and not a quad is that ours is LTE and that means it will suck battery so if they but a quad that would use more battery life,most of over sea don't get LTE so they put a quad instead which the LTE version once is over clocked will be just as fast as.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
In the picture it shows that the Quad Core 2GB ram device uses HSPA+, in other words GSM.
Verizon uses CDMA so there is no way this phone would work on Verizon or any other CDMA carriers.

Wait, isn't the US Verizon CDMA now going to also be GSM compatible (future update makes it Global)? If so, then what's stopping them from making a GSM phone CDMA compatible in the future as well?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score

No, look above where it says HSPA+ it says (LTE) i also read the specs on it and it says HSPA+ as primary network and 4G LTE as secondary networks. So im thinking it would work.. again im not positive but thats what i read.