[Rumor] VZW's Galaxy S4 Benchmarked; Samsung SCH-I545 & 1.9GHz Snapdragon Quad-core

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-sgs4-benchmark-maybe.png

It is looking more and more like the new Samsung Galaxy S IV will definitely have a Snapdragon Quad-core processor when it finally ships. Earlier in the week we shared some benchmarks of what is likely the Korean version of the flagship device. That version was sporting a 1.9GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip with Adreno 320GPU.

Lo-and-behold we have another Samsung device which showed up late last night in Nenamark benchmarks with the same hardware. It is likely the Verizon version of the SGS4. We can surmise this because it had the model number SCH-I545, which is one number newer than the model number of the Verizon SGS3, which is SCH-I535. The benchmarks also confirmed some of the other specs, like Android 4.2 and a FHD 1080p display.

It will be interesting to see Samsung launch their flagship device with a competitor's processor, but not really unusual. It's unlikely the Exynos 5 Octa-Core is ready for prime-time just yet, and will instead show up in the next generation of products later next year. If we are lucky, we might see it show up in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Despite this, the new Snapdragon S4 Pro looks to be a powerhouse, so we can't fault Sammy for going with something like this. Its benchmarks are pretty phenomenal. We are calling all of this a rumor for now, because none of it is truly confirmed, and could be an elaborate hoax. As usual, we will keep an eye on things and share more details as they emerge.

Thanks to our tipsters!

Source: Nenamark Benchmark

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Exynos 5 will be ready and in the GNote 3. Then the GNote 3 will come home with me! :biggrin:

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
^^. You may not be a master poet, but that was funny, and you know it! :)