Why can't my 5 year old have a DROID??"

Reaction score
Yes... "Kid's better than me at this crap! Why can't my 5 year old have a DROID??", and I'm sure most of you have 101,000,000 reasons why NOT to give a 5 year old a working DROID! (hahahahahahahaha!!)

Hey... Would you give a DROID to a five year old??

Skytile

Reaction score
Heck no! An extra $30 a month? Just so they could have a Droid? They shouldn't even have a normal cell phone! I wouldn't pay for that.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not our money or responsibility, so do what you want to do.

vex321

Reaction score
I believe at that age, they should be more focused on physical activities such as throwing your droid down the stairs to see if it will survive.

gregbridwell

Reaction score
I'm given my old Droid to my 6 year old

I'm not activating it or anything. I'm setting him up with VOIP over WiFi and he can use it around the house to call grandparents etc...

I want to teach him to take care of such items.

Taegost

Reaction score
I'm not activating it or anything. I'm setting him up with VOIP over WiFi and he can use it around the house to call grandparents etc...

I want to teach him to take care of such items.

That's a rather expensive lesson... Are you looking to adopt? I'm a big kid :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've seen this type of thread. To be honest, it makes more sense to give it to a 5 year old then to a 15 year old IMHO. However I wouldn't give it to neither.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe at that age, they should be more focused on physical activities such as throwing your droid down the stairs to see if it will survive.

good stuff :) and couldn't agree more!

but i get the reasoning... cell/smartphones are inevitable, if he can learn at an early age to take care of it, then why not... depends on the kid, too, and only you can judge that

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i personally never would give a smart phone to any kid.. If they want a smart phone they can get a job and pay the bill.. If I approve it... but that just me..

parker34

Reaction score
This isn't the first time I've seen this type of thread. To be honest, it makes more sense to give it to a 5 year old then to a 15 year old IMHO. However I wouldn't give it to neither.
Explain please :)