Trying to Quit Smoking

Arodnum1

Reaction score
nicotine is out of your system in about 5 days, it's just cravings and habits after that, good luck man, I applaud your efforts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
I'm 23, started @ 13, was up 2 a pack a day by 15 and stayed pretty constant between 1 or 2 packs a day until May last year, when I spent a week in bed kicking vyvanse (adderall on meth) and in turn was so withdrawn I didn't drink or smoke cigs either...couldn't even get up to hit the buds, but point in case-cold turkey works best initially. I was sober from everything like a month and then started smoking buds and drinking again. The urge is the worst when I drink and whiskey and jager make me go outside and bum them off people but hey, one every weekend is all I need now to remind me how much I hate them, I smoke about half and I'm done, even when I'm drunk. Smoking buds is def. A substitute for me though, so you gotta find what workks best for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Insidious

Reaction score
In my life I've smoked 2 cigarettes. Both I enjoyed, but I realized that I didn't want to become a smoker, and with a lot of willpower turned down smoking. Good luck to all of you trying to quit, my dad quit about 20 some years ago and says its the best thing he's ever done.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

alucard9114

Reaction score
I used 5gum blue its in a pack like cigarettes and use the red pack if you smoked malbro blue for menthol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls. Im almost 22 years old and I have been smoking since i was 17. I wasnt a heavy smoker, but i would smoke 3-5 a day and a pack on the weekends. Last week I finally had enough. I threw away my pack and havent touched a cig since last friday. So almost a week now. The past 2 days have been pretty rough. How long does it take for me to feel the need to not have a cig anymore? I dont want to buy any patches or anything as well. If anyoine could give me a few tips on what to do instead of smoke, Id really appreciate it. Thanks a ton!

Also, chew gum and deep breathing works quite well.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Ooh that's just silly, how do you keep a banana lit?

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

MPerez

Reaction score
It's hard to quit smoking, but it is possible if you have a will. I started when I was only 14 and quit when I was 22. Now I'm 24, and I'm still free of the addiction. I just decided firmly one day that I would give it up and did not buy cigarettes anymore, when I felt like smoking, I drank a glass of water or juice, took a lollipop or chewing gum... whatever. And I spend the money saved on small trifles to please myself and encourage myself to do without cigarettes further.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls. Im almost 22 years old and I have been smoking since i was 17. I wasnt a heavy smoker, but i would smoke 3-5 a day and a pack on the weekends. Last week I finally had enough. I threw away my pack and havent touched a cig since last friday. So almost a week now. The past 2 days have been pretty rough. How long does it take for me to feel the need to not have a cig anymore? I dont want to buy any patches or anything as well. If anyoine could give me a few tips on what to do instead of smoke, Id really appreciate it. Thanks a ton!

It will take a least 3 months, it gets easier afreer that, I used to smoke heavy for 15 years, have not smoked for 17 years now, best thing you can do is stop this nasty very costly health and financial wise habbit, after a year you will ask yourself why in the hell you started smoking in the first place, will power.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
My girlfriend is 27 and has been smoking since she was 13. She use to smoke pot but quit that about a year or so ago. I'd say she probably smokes 8-10 a day, maybe more under stress, haven't really counted. I'd bought her patches a while back and they seemed to work but like a child does cold medicine, once you see it take effect, you stop using it. I recently tried again but this time she didn't stick with it at all. She lacks any motivation to really kick the habit right now but the smell and constant "smoke breaks" drive me insane sometimes. I was considering buying her the E-Cigarettes, figuring that way she could still smoke if she wanted wherever she wanted, but it wouldn't be as harmful to her or those around her, as well as alleviating me and other non-smokers from the horrible smell. Any of you have any experience with them?

huskur

Reaction score
Look man, its hard. Even to this day after not having a cigarette for 6 years you still get the urge. It just lessens with time. Just look at the money you will save! You will no longer be killing your lungs and now you can justify the new Droid every year!!! Even if having to pay for it outright which would only happen every other year!

Really though, when you get the feeling just go do something. A walk, gum, whatever.......best advice.....stay away from other smokers for a while until your body has had time to adjust to not smoking. 72 hours and the nicotine is gone from your body. After that its all mental

If it weren't bad for you and so expensive, I'd be burning one now!!! LOL

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My girlfriend is 27 and has been smoking since she was 13. She use to smoke pot but quit that about a year or so ago. I'd say she probably smokes 8-10 a day, maybe more under stress, haven't really counted. I'd bought her patches a while back and they seemed to work but like a child does cold medicine, once you see it take effect, you stop using it. I recently tried again but this time she didn't stick with it at all. She lacks any motivation to really kick the habit right now but the smell and constant "smoke breaks" drive me insane sometimes. I was considering buying her the E-Cigarettes, figuring that way she could still smoke if she wanted wherever she wanted, but it wouldn't be as harmful to her or those around her, as well as alleviating me and other non-smokers from the horrible smell. Any of you have any experience with them?
I don't smoke and haven't touched a cigarette in my life, but I have heard these e-cigarettes are very effective. I've read that they give almost the same "feel" of a cigarette and it's not smelly and I think can be used almost anywhere. Alot of people move to e-cigs and then try to quit cold turkey, they said it was easier for them.

No I wasn't looking into picking up smoking, the technology behind it was just fascinating to me so I read up more on it. They used to be quite expensive, but I'm sure it's been tweaked for more cost-saving methods and parts. It's the cartridges that were expensive.

OP
amishdude01

amishdude01

Reaction score
I sincerely thank you all for your help! Since I have made this thread, I have not had 1 cigarette. Thats the truth. Im still not completely over the temptation, but every passing day it is easier to say no. =)