Quitting smoking.

Reaction score
i didnt want to be addicted whenever i smoked so i chose to smoke cigars. i suck them not inhale, so i dont get that nicotine addiction easily its been working thus far. i dont need to smoke at all.

OP
Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
The real test of the electronic cigarette...after dinner. I actually feel satisfied smoking this thing with a full stomach and I even had doubts that it'd be fulfilling...

It's definitely different, but I'm liking it. Next test is tomorrow on my breaks at work.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

JCo352

Reaction score
I wish I could stop, I don't think the e-cigarette would cut it for me. I am so particular about my cigarettes, I can't smoke it unless it's a Newport. I think for me it would have to be cold turkey, or nothing at all. And about the ban on cigarettes, I think that is a little ridiculous, the government has way too much control.

jlamb30

Reaction score
First, you have to REALLY WANT TO QUIT! If you don't, no crutch will work. Used the patch as directed, and April 29th will be 10 months for me smoke free. I won't lie and say I never have the urge, but now, it's a case of letting MYSELF down if I give in.

lumpysherman

Reaction score
First of all, congratulations to Johnny and anyone else who is trying to quit smoking. I've been there myself. I smoked over 20 years and can tell you for me it was quitting cold turkey that did it for me, finally for good in May 1996. I wish I'd have quit sooner because now that I'm almost 50 I'm feeling the effects of all that smoking did to me. I have gained a lot of weight over the years, so now I know what's the next step for me - losing at least 100 lbs. Lumpysherman.....you're an inspiration and congratulations on losing that much weight. Not trying to hijack the thread, so if you can briefly tell me what you did to lose weight could you PM me?

Again, good luck to all and hope whatever method you use that it works!

I sent you 2 messages, let me know if you got them.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i quit smoking and drinking about 2 years ago.. when i wuit drinking quitting smoking wasn't as hard.. amazing what a hospital stay when your 25 years old and doctors and your mom which is a nurse saying your lucky your still alive..6 cases of micholob ultra and a carton of marlbro mediums a week caught up to me. lets just say a lot changed 2 years ago.. still have cravings every now and then. but i fight them.. hardest when you hang out with your old buddies.and driving is pretty rough for the smoking.good luck on quitting you have to want to to do it..

kaboyd

Reaction score
Good luck Jonny. I used the patches to quit almost six months ago. Best decision I've made in a long time.

trbasil

Reaction score
I quit around 3 months ago with the help of Chantix. It helped take care of the nicotine cravings, all I had to do was break the habit of smoking itself. Which was actually fairly easy in my case as I have a 10 month old, so I had already quit smoking in the house, and in the cars when he was with us. The hardest was breaking the habit at work.

Quitting smoking was a means to get my Droid also, so it also serves as a reason for me not to light up again. My wife kept saying before I quit that I wasn't getting a Droid, as she didn't want the extra $20 a month (on a Connect plan before so net increase was only $20/month) on the bill with the new baby in the house. Well by quitting smoking and giving up around a $50 a week habit, she could not say a word about the Droid's extra $5 a week bill increase.

A few more things that can be added to the list of what a Droid can do.

Help you stop smoking, and shutting the wife up (I couldn't resist, I just wished this one worked all the time lol)

BWJunior

Reaction score
I have to second the Chantix love. I smoked for 25 years and tried just about every quit smoking product known to man without success. 3 years ago I tried Chantix and within 2 weeks I lost all interest in smoking.

Of course being the cheapskate that I am, the fact that the state I lived in raised the cigarette tax $1 a pack might had been part of the reason why I was able to kick the habit as well...

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I quit 19 years ago when my first child was born. Wan't too hard because I'd never been a heavy smoker to start with. My wife quit the moment she found out she was preggers.

Not to go too far off topic, I was hooked thru the teeth on Xanax for a little over 2 years - 3 to 4 mgs/day (doctor's prescription) along with 5 - 6 beers a day (not prescribed!). I went cold turkey and wound up a few weeks in the hospital and a major depression and out of work for 6 months. Luckily I had quite a bit of leave built up and was forwarded the balance.
Please stay away from benzos! The addiction to those can be harder than cigs to break.

R66garza

Reaction score
I have also used e cigs to slow down smoking. I now only smoke real ones while I am awaiting my new cartridges. They really do help. But I do think that you have to want to quit. I believe that for most, it is not the addiction of the chemicals but rather the addiction of having the cigarette in their fingers. So when I tried one, I was truly amazed that it was way too easy for me to give up the chemicals from real cigarettes and pick up an e-cig. Hearing the same story over and over from many who use e-cigs makes me believe that smoking cigarettes is truly a habit of the hands and not an addiction to the chemicals. I have tried about 5 different brands and the one that I find the best is the one you can get here at www.premiumecigarette.com/1102.html They seem to be the best as far as taste and quality and lets not forget the price. The cartridges add up to save me $210 every couple months as opposed to real cigarettes. Try em out, you may just be surprised. Smoked for 31yrs! I have tried a few and come across the one mentioned above and found that it tastes so much like real tobacco and it truly saves money for me. For those of you who have tried them before, think about how long ago you tried them, a few yrs ago when they first came out there wasn't the variety and not to mention they have upscaled them so much. Kind a like wine, gets better with age!

badog

Reaction score
I've been a smoker for 30 years or so. I quit a few times and started back up. Tried every prescription drug available, tried the electric smoking things, gum, cold turkey nothing worked too well. As for the smoking ban, I think it's pretty stupid. I'm not going to get into it because it just starts a big argument and I really don't care what others think, because it's pointless to discuss it, especially with non-smokers... I still smoke, will continue to smoke till I am ready to quit and I'll go outside during work when ever I feel like it.

vampyrate

Reaction score
I don't smoke cigarettes anymore, just shisha (look it up) and usually only smoke while gaming on the xbox or out at hookah bars with friends, but I am a dipper (Cope Black or Whiskey Blends were my favorite and Skoal Edge for now) and have been since college. I'm not so much addicted to the nicotine, but the oral fixation of having something to do. And anyone that tells me quitting smoking is harder than dip has never dipped. Right now I'm trying to quit it all and have the worst flavor dip to slow me down (Skoal Cherry).

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I quit smoking six years ago...one of the best decisions I have made