Who's planning on getting the Droid Turbo?

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many people here are planning on getting it (or considering it?) -- This phone hasn't really had a huge marketing push like some of the previous Droid releases :(

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm chomping at the bit for it... I'd love to get ahold of it... If they'd just announce it already...

OP
JohnDroid

JohnDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm chomping at the bit for it... I'd love to get ahold of it... If they'd just announce it already...

What features on the phone are you most looking forward to?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What features on the phone are you most looking forward to?
The processor, ram, and screen.. And a huge battery... I love Droids...OH.. And a vanilla Android experience...

Last edited:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I would've definitely considered this phone if I wasn't switching to T-Mobile. ;)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Also the feel.. I like the in hand feel of the Maxx.. I think this Droid will definitely be similar in construction.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm 99.99% sure it will be my next phone. Probably sometime next year since my Maxx is only 2 months old....the wife will kill me if I don't wait a little while

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also the feel.. I like the in hand feel of the Maxx.. I think this Droid will definitely be similar in construction.
I like the Kevlar back and how it wraps around to meet the screen. Feels very solid.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm leaning towards this over the moto X. Mainly for the battery but the internals have me drooling a bit too. I just want a 5+in moto phone!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's either the Turbo, the Nexus, or the Moto x2 if it eventually comes in a MAXX battery variety. I'm leaning toward the Turbo but the Nexus is a very close second as is the Moto X2. My priories are a huge battery, a large battery, a really big battery, a monster battery, Motorola and lightening fast with a high resolution screen, great camera, vanilla Android OS and of course, a gigantic battery.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's either the Turbo, the Nexus, or the Moto x2 if it eventually comes in a MAXX battery variety. In leaving toward the Turbo but the Nexus is a very close second as is the Moto X2. My priories are a huge battery, a large battery, a really big battery, a monster battery, Motorola and lightening fast with a high resolution screen, great camera, vanilla Android OS and of course, a gigantic battery.
So a good size battery is not on the "top" of your list.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I could get over wanting an SD card....But a 5.2" screen with dual speakers AND possibly capacitive buttons is going to be too big for my liking.

jfriend33

Reaction score
I can honestly say.. At first I really missed active notifications. And I still do. But transitioning to my g3 has been fairly easy. Long press volume down launches camera.

But I'm noticing with greenify, and unbounce certain notifications aren't pushing even with gcm enabled.

Moto never did that. Moto never hung up on 1x. Lg g3 is much faster on wifi though.

I am so tired of traveling with a Nexus 7 2013. I don't see why we can't have lapdock functionality again. Or have a padfone like device.

Maybe verizon is afraid of the data consumption lol. But you gotta admit a droid turbo that is 5ish inches that can convert to 11" tablet with its own battery that has a keyboard dock with its own battery that could run chrome os or something unique besides tablet ui would be big pimping....

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk