Droid turbo 3 or moto z force

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
I am getting ready to part with my droid turbo but dont want to go to the droid turbo 2 because it is such a close comparison. Is the moto z force considered the new droid turbo 3 or has anyone heard some rumors about a turbo 3. Hate to say it but the s7 is also looking pretty good with good battery reviews, fingerprint scanner, and its water resistant capabilities.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Droid Z is the 2016 Droid. I would not expect a Turbo 3. It has been a long time since Verizon released two Droid phones in the same year. I think the Turbo line ended with the Turbo 2. Good luck on your search, hope you find the "right phone" for you. That's all that really matters, a phone that you are happy with.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
i want to like the droid z but im not a fan of the changing backs and also dont know if i would still have my turbo without my lifeproof case and with the selection of cases for the z i dont think it would be a good choice...maybe this time around Samsung would be the way to go

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's a tough choice, it's hard to say anything negative about Samsung phones, they make great devices. Plus, if I did say anything negative about Samsung around here, I would instantly be run out of town and my account would be deleted. For me personally, the Turbo 2 has been the best phone I have ever owned (and I have owned most of the Droid lineup over the years). But that doesn't mean it's the best phone for you. Good luck with your search & decision.

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Do you see much of a difference from the droid turbo to the turbo 2

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In some ways, yes. It's a little larger, it's a different shape...more like a Moto X. And it has a shatter proof screen. That's not visibly different, but adds that extra "all is good" feeling if you drop your phone. Some of the Moto App features are a little different with Marshmallow. And it does have an SD Card slot. None of these are huge differences (well... shatter shield is) but I liked it right from the start because it's like a Moto X, and I always wanted a Moto X with a large battery. That's the turbo 2 in a nutshell in my opinion.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
The Droid Z is the 2016 Droid. I would not expect a Turbo 3. It has been a long time since Verizon released two Droid phones in the same year. I think the Turbo line ended with the Turbo 2. Good luck on your search, hope you find the "right phone" for you. That's all that really matters, a phone that you are happy with.

I've had the droid z force for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot... I'm not particularly hard to satisfy but I like the Motorola format of the Android system. I have a Nexus tablet and have just given up my Moto X. The z force is very fast considering I have about 5000 pictures of assorted subjects including my dogs and grand children that tend to slow things down in other phones. For me, and I'm somewhat dyslexic, I don't feel comfortable with Samsung which tends to put the bottom three home buttons in reverse order of the Motorola format. But that's just me and my special needs and it messes me up to use a tablet with one way of operating and a phone with the oppositeMy husband however loves the Samsung products and tried his hardest to convince me to try the Samsung... But two years is a long time for me to try to think backwards half the time for what's natural for me, and I didn't want to spend 2 years( installment payment period) paying for what would have been a mistake(for me).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I've had the droid z force for a couple of weeks and I like it a lot... I'm not particularly hard to satisfy but I like the Motorola format of the Android system. I have a Nexus tablet and have just given up my Moto X. The z force is very fast considering I have about 5000 pictures of assorted subjects including my dogs and grand children that tend to slow things down in other phones. For me, and I'm somewhat dyslexic, I don't feel comfortable with Samsung which tends to put the bottom three home buttons in reverse order of the Motorola format. But that's just me and my special needs and it messes me up to use a tablet with one way of operating and a phone with the oppositeMy husband however loves the Samsung products and tried his hardest to convince me to try the Samsung... But two years is a long time for me to try to think backwards half the time for what's natural for me, and I didn't want to spend 2 years( installment payment period) paying for what would have been a mistake(for me).

FWIW, you'd be surprised at just how quickly you would have adjusted to the buttons on the bottom. I went 4+ years with it being set up the way your device, (and every other Android device) currently is, with the original Galaxy S and the Galaxy S3. Then I got the S5 and that was the year that Samsung decided to change things up with their capacitive keys. I absolutely hated it in the beginning, because (like most people), we aren't comfortable with change, no matter how small.
I'll admit it was irritating in the beginning, but after about 2 weeks tops, it was second nature and i didn't even think about it from then on. Funny thing is, now I can't imagine it being any other way and when I go into Verizon to test devices other than Samsung, I feel the exact way you were feeling. LOLz! As often as we use our smartphones, you'd be surprised at just how quickly we adapt to something like this. Don't dismiss an otherwise great device over something so minor, even though it doesn't really seem that way at the time.
Regardless, congrats on your new Moto! It's always exciting getting a new device and I'm sure you'll be more than satisfied with the Moto Z Force ! Enjoy

S5 tap'n

OP
Coulterjosh

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Cr6 do you have a turbo or s6 7 or the 5 you mention?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I still have the S5, but my significant other just purchased the Note 7....it's an amazing device. I'm definitely jealous!

S5 tap'n

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks cr6, I appreciate your post...I was tempted to give it a try because of how much my husband loves his s5, but I was afraid that because of my dyslexia, I wouldn't be able to adapt. Maybe when I have to get a new tablet, which I only use at home at leisure, I can take the time to give a Samsung product a try!

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cr6 do you have a turbo or s6 7 or the 5 you mention?

I still have the S5, but my significant other just purchased the Note 7....it's an amazing device. I'm definitely jealous!

S5 tap'n

He may have a Galaxy S5 now, but deep down he secretly wants a Moto Droid. :D

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Once i pay off my Devices Im getting the Droid Z Force. Im set on it. I want the Shatterproof Display and I think the Mods are cool. I want the JBL Speaker and Maybe a Battery Mod. It will also depend if BestBuy has any Offers. they Offered the Projector then the JBL Speaker and now the Tumi Battery mod.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I recently got my moto z force and I really like it... Is so much faster than my moto x and the battery lasts about a day and a half or more..( I can't play with it at work, so the next 6 days I'm off, so we'll see just how long the battery lasts this week(lol). I haven't gotten any mods yet but I do suggest a screen protector because while the display is shatterproof, it's definitely not scratch proof. Unfortunately i brushed against it in my purse with my rings and made a minor scratch the first day.. Next day I got the zagg glass protector from Verizon and it's replaceable for life if you register it with zagg. The nice guy at Verizon applied it for me and I haven't had any more scratches since. The moto z force is on the slippery side with no grippy edges, so I may get a case after I look into what other users picked and liked. Enjoy your z force for sure!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk