Droid turbo 1 with eol battery how do I fix?

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Do they make replacement batteries or extended ones for turbo1 the largest and greatest straight from the factory battery at 3900 mah.

Seems turbo 2 even has a smaller one correct me if I'm wrong?

Would go to moto Z force for speed boost and fingerprint reader except internal battery smaller and snap on battery won't fit into any gel cases I've found

I have the turbo 1 decked out with 238 apps and mostly use about 12 consistently and have nova launcher and nights keeper the way I want them and more recently windows 10 anniversary edition syncing Cortana btw and I give it props it's the best thing Microsoft has ever done for the Android architecture. It works as good as a pure Microsoft phone in some ways and has most of the same feature. Now if they can integrate the native messaging app that's from posts on blogs by sep with Skype and icloudish features they may be actually start to catch up to apple. Ok side tangent over.

How do I get a replacement battery for turbo1 or make make moto Z force configure for what I am looking for. Peace out Mike drop

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Turbo batteries are probably available..check Amazon or eBay or check with moto .. probably for about 150 they'll replace your battery...and you'll have their warranty still..as far as an altered zforce. Kinda early in the phones life to do that..but idk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Do they make replacement batteries or extended ones for turbo1 the largest and greatest straight from the factory battery at 3900 mah.

Seems turbo 2 even has a smaller one correct me if I'm wrong?

Would go to moto Z force for speed boost and fingerprint reader except internal battery smaller and snap on battery won't fit into any gel cases I've found

I have the turbo 1 decked out with 238 apps and mostly use about 12 consistently and have nova launcher and nights keeper the way I want them and more recently windows 10 anniversary edition syncing Cortana btw and I give it props it's the best thing Microsoft has ever done for the Android architecture. It works as good as a pure Microsoft phone in some ways and has most of the same feature. Now if they can integrate the native messaging app that's from posts on blogs by sep with Skype and icloudish features they may be actually start to catch up to apple. Ok side tangent over.

How do I get a replacement battery for turbo1 or make make moto Z force configure for what I am looking for. Peace out Mike drop

OK, so the Turbo had a 3900 mAh battery, and the Turbo 2 has a 3760 mAh battery. The difference is only 140 mAh, a very small difference. That doesn't mean the Turbo 2 will run a shorter time, in fact the Turbo 2 is more efficient and so although the battery may be slightly smaller the time it will run on a full charge is advertised as essentially the same (48 hours).

Replacement batteries are available from countless online sources. Just be sure to shop for a battery that is listed as OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer's), by specifying your phone model. There are certainly various battery manufacturers that are reputable and make quality batteries, but parsing through them and determine which ones meet or exceed the manufacturer's original specifications is best left to the professionals. You may find reviews online that specify which battery manufacturers make the best batteries, but this battery is unique in design, shape and size, so finding it will be limited to only a few manufacturers since there are so many hundreds of different batteries and then within those different batteries are different shapes to fit each different phone's design specifications by the manufacturers.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Exactly. A better performing chip set with less heating and a better connection and a better running UI can make a big difference..thays what Samsung has been trying to gamble on with their smaller batteries..but I think a lot of Samsung users that I personally know..are tired or smaller batteries.. especially since Samsung's UI is so heavy..if it were lighter..I personally think their battery life would greatly improve..

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Should I get battery or upgrade to turbo 2 which is cheaper since moto Z force is out eventually lenovo turbo kinda 3 but bigger with fingerprint and seems to similar in design to lg g4 I had prob with battery see other posts for my lg g4 trilogy that got me to turbo 1 but battery is always a theme.:) More later..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Should I get battery or upgrade to turbo 2 which is cheaper since moto Z force is out eventually lenovo turbo kinda 3 but bigger with fingerprint and seems to similar in design to lg g4 I had prob with battery see other posts for my lg g4 trilogy that got me to turbo 1 but battery is always a theme.:) More later..

That's a decision only you can make. Do you like the Turbo 2?

I would not expect a Turbo 3. The Droid Z replaced the Turbo 2, so I doubt that Verizon will want a Turbo 3 after the Droid Z.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I'm asking will all the same things that run on turbo one run on two. Is the two just smaller battery faster CPU and more shatter proof or are there any other diffrences

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've owned both..they're the same just about just a newer is on the t2 ..and different screen tech..but anything the 1 does..the 2 will do..hands free stuff included..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm asking will all the same things that run on turbo one run on two. Is the two just smaller battery faster CPU and more shatter proof or are there any other diffrences

Virtually everything will run on the Turbo 2 that runs on the Turbo 1.

Yes, larger screen, faster processor & coprocessor, faster RAM, shatterproof screen, better cameras, lots of innovations and yes, more efficient with slightly smaller battery.
That's a decision only you can make. Do you like the Turbo 2?

I would not expect a Turbo 3. The Droid Z replaced the Turbo 2, so I doubt that Verizon will want a Turbo 3 after the Droid Z.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Ok so I am now weighing between from my viewpoint the best phone I've ever had Turbo1 but with battery problems on if fingerprint is a must have . At this point it's something that is a plus to the features I want in a phone but without talking the Moto Z force for a test drive I'm leaning toward turbo 2 but won't make final decision till I have tested moto Z max somehow

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Virtually everything will run on the Turbo 2 that runs on the Turbo 1.

Yes, larger screen, faster processor & coprocessor, faster RAM, shatterproof screen, better cameras, lots of innovations and yes, more efficient with slightly smaller battery.

Just looked at turbo 2 and zforce do they support qi fast charge the turbo 1 seems to work but not fast

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
They both support Qi Charging, but I can't say definitively that either does support Qi Fast Charging. It seems they would but without trying, or until someone confirms I couldn't be sure.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
OK I got the scoop without a doubt turbo 2 so far is a no brainer swapped turbo 1 for turbo 2 on Sunday as Vzw has a 200 account credit promo if you trade in any qualifying smartphone probably because moto z force is out (note I am not affiliated w Vzw)

Anyway I decided to go with turbo 2 for the following reasons over moto z force for the following reasons

Although you can get the force 2 with an extended battery magnetic back that clicks on.
I was not able to find in the store a case that would fit over them,possibly a case exists on the Internet that does that ,but until I find one I wouldn't risk them disconnecting when the phone drops and also having the extra protection a case provides.
So even though I would like a fingerprint reader the moto z force provides and the fact that it's supposed to be faster than turbo 2 ,I've decided to wait since the turbo 2 has the following pluses that work for me so far.

1)Faster then turbo 1
2)So far better battery then old failing turbo 1 even though 3500 not 3900. Jury still out on this till I finish loading all my apps and I could run into similar prob as the phone battery could have degraded on the shelf before purchase(anyone have an app to test if the battery is fresh? That would be helpful)
3) Qi turbo wireless charging yes turbo 2 and did not seem to turbo on turbo1 wirelessly any one got the specs on turbo charge wireless between the 1 and 2?
4) 32 GB internal and upgradeable to 2tb is a plus on turbo 2
5) The cheaper price and promotion was a plus but the battery and case issues were the deciding factor.
6) I will do a follow up here or maybe in turbo 2 forum sysop tell me where best to continue my never ending battery saga lol.