Droid Turbo's battery not lasting for more than six hours

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Edit(this is about droid turbo1) lol
Even not being used it drains in eight hours
What is the best was to swap a fresh battery. And do they cell them anymore.

Still happy the way it works and I have it just the way I want it but would like a droid 3 with fingerprint support with ease like apple and have the phone be the same form factor if droid one just way faster.
Only option seems to be moto Z force for fingerprint but smaller battery inside but with addon options that I don't like to use. I have found out I would rather use a usb charge battery of any shape then click in and off a battery pack that I can't find a case for anybody know of one then I would get 3100 mah plus 2300 and faster CPU if I could find a hell case that would do and Android pay signal and wireless rapid charging worked without talking anything apart it might work. Whaddya all think?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The Droid one, or as more commonly known, the OG Droid is now 6 years old I believe. The original batteries are way beyond their expected lifespan. The life of a rechargeable Lithium Ion battery is measured by its ability to take a charge. Once a battery can only hold 80℅ of its rated capacity it is deemed to be end of life.

These batteries lose the ability to take a full charge gradually over time, impacted by how many times they are charged and discharged, how deeply they are charged and discharged, how fast they are charged, and even simply how old they are, no matter if they are used it not. These batteries even lose capacity while sitting on a warehouse shelf or sitting in a drawer. A Lithium Ion battery that has not been used since it was manufactured, and has been sitting on a shelf for as little as 3 years will test at a capacity in the area of 80℅ of rated capacity, and that means it's already past its life. That doesn't mean it won't work, clearly if it holds 80℅ of its rated capacity that's still a significant charge but it will not then run the phone the advertised length of time is expected to on a single charge so from that aspect the manufacturer suggests is time to replace it.

So if the original phone's expected run time on charge was 20 hours out of the box, and now you only get 16 (80℅), for example, that battery - according to the manufacturer has reached end of life. If it's still going there more years later but only gives you 8 hours, that means it is only taking a 40℅ charge and is well beyond end of life.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is this post about the Droid 1, or the Droid Turbo. It's in the Droid Turbo section? Are you really still using a Droid, made in 2009?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well that's what I took him to be saying, especially after referring to the Droid 3. Maybe it's the Turbo?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, the Droid 3 comment threw me for a loop also. I think this thread is referring to shortened battery life on the Turbo, but have no idea why the Droid 3 was mentioned?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Droid turbo 1 left out turbo now reread lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yep, the Droid 3 comment threw me for a loop also. I think this thread is referring to shortened battery life on the Turbo, but have no idea why the Droid 3 was mentioned?

Update my turbo two is way faster but still drains the battery like turbo one but since it's newer it lasts longer even though it's 3500 not 3900 mAh. I think screen time and various apps are draining based on my high use.
More after charge as I'm on 3% lol

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Using the equivalent of 3 turbo charge batteries from verizon per day minimum plus initial charge when I take off charger in the morning.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's some serious heavy usage.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Maybe time for new batteries?
I had to buy new ones for my Galaxy Nexus as it was a battery hog plus heavy usage.. Maybe they have a bigger battery? I think we used a 4000 or so with a different back, was huge but it lasted.

Sent from my New Note 7

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Update my turbo two is way faster but still drains the battery like turbo one but since it's newer it lasts longer even though it's 3500 not 3900 mAh. I think screen time and various apps are draining based on my high use.
More after charge as I'm on 3% lol

Running your battery that low will kill it quicker too.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe time for new batteries?
I had to buy new ones for my Galaxy Nexus as it was a battery hog plus heavy usage.. Maybe they have a bigger battery? I think we used a 4000 or so with a different back, was huge but it lasted.

Sent from my New Note 7

Just FYI: The Turbo 2 battery is sealed and not user replaceable. The phones are not even one year old yet so I doubt the battery itself is bad. It could be, but more than likely very high usage, very high SOT, and apps installed that may be conflicting with the built-in Moto App and it's designed functionality. Just my 2 cents worth.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Just FYI: The Turbo 2 battery is sealed and not user replaceable. The phones are not even one year old yet so I doubt the battery itself is bad. It could be, but more than likely very high usage, very high SOT, and apps installed that may be conflicting with the built-in Moto App and it's designed functionality. Just my 2 cents worth.
Using the equivalent of 3 turbo charge batteries from verizon per day minimum plus initial charge when I take off charger in the morning.

Just following his notes above about 3 turbo charge batteries, thus the conclusion was bigger battery.

Trying to offer help, obviously all help isn't helpful ;)

Sent from my New Note 7

DroidT

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo
Hi; I live in Italy, using a droid turbo1 (2014); is there a way to buy a brand new battery for this phone? An european or an american e-commerce site? Thank you

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hi; I live in Italy, using a droid turbo1 (2014); is there a way to buy a brand new battery for this phone? An european or an american e-commerce site? Thank you
Are you planning on disassembling the phone and replacing it yourself?