Droid turbo 3 or moto z force

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I recently got my moto z force and I really like it... Is so much faster than my moto x and the battery lasts about a day and a half or more..( I can't play with it at work, so the next 6 days I'm off, so we'll see just how long the battery lasts this week(lol). I haven't gotten any mods yet but I do suggest a screen protector because while the display is shatterproof, it's definitely not scratch proof. Unfortunately i brushed against it in my purse with my rings and made a minor scratch the first day.. Next day I got the zagg glass protector from Verizon and it's replaceable for life if you register it with zagg. The nice guy at Verizon applied it for me and I haven't had any more scratches since. The moto z force is on the slippery side with no grippy edges, so I may get a case after I look into what other users picked and liked. Enjoy your z force for sure!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I went with turbo two as I couldn't find a gel case that would fit the snap on battery and phone together. I found that when dropped the break apart. If I had bought I would have needed a rubber band or Two around it until A case came out. Also to get the battery length if turbo one/two (before their batteries get old) the snap on battery would be a must for me. The fingerprint is a plus though although I prefer round like Apple(they didn't copyright round fingerprint readers did they? Since I haven't seen an Android with a round one)

Moto zforce on my radar once they have a gel case like that and the price comes down. If it was the same price or anywhere close I would probably choose Motozforce. I am happy with my turbo two until it's battery fails as it's prob been on a shelf slowly aging...

as I seem to be one gen behind till they get the accessories and lower the price on phones

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I bought my z force on the phone from Verizon for$720 which was their list price and they add$30 to my phone bill monthly for 24 months instead of holding me to a 2 year contract.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hey real quick sajokaz, I just got a message on my z force that a system update is available. I bought this 2 weeks ago and it was on marshmallow so I presume it's nougat... Is there anything I should back up or do before I accept the update so nothing will get messed up?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hey real quick sajokaz, I just got a message on my z force that a system update is available. I bought this 2 weeks ago and it was on marshmallow so I presume it's nougat... Is there anything I should back up or do before I accept the update so nothing will get messed up?

I highly, highly doubt it is Android 7.0 Nougat. I don't think that is officially released yet. It's probably a system version update and security patches. You should not need to back up anything for a minor system update.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Is there anything that can completely back up all customizations and data before you transfer phones as Verizon's data transfer seems to only do pics and vids and contacts but not other misc thing's etc and Google backs up some confusion. Is their one that can back up closer to a100%?

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I personally don't know of anything that backs up 100%... I noticed that certain apps did transfer their info over but i had to download the app itself over, like color note. I took screen shots of my home pages and the settings of some important apps so I'd know how I set up my home pages and could duplicate the app settings. When I got my new phone, I could look at the screen shots on my tablet and manually customize those apps that I did this for. It's a pain in the neck to do! I don't keep any banking or stock info on my phone so I don't have to go thru trying to replicate that on a new phone. My husband always goes thru hell when he gets a new phone while he is trying to replicate data in his banking and stock apps. He hasn't been able to find a way to copy that information easily onto his new devices each time. He's not that tech savvy though, so maybe one of the guys like cjm or 252chevyboyz could help you find a better way. Sorry!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Or maybe sajokaz knows...?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Or maybe sajokaz knows...?

No, unfortunately I am not aware of any better apps than already mentioned. For me personally, I prefer to set everything up manually on any new phone. Sure, it's time consuming but I prefer to enter passwords manually and configure important apps myself. And I usually realize there are apps I never really used that often...so they don't get installed in the new phone. I think of it as a major "Spring Cleaning" project and start fresh. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No, unfortunately I am not aware of any better apps than already mentioned. For me personally, I prefer to set everything up manually on any new phone. Sure, it's time consuming but I prefer to enter passwords manually and configure important apps myself. And I usually realize there are apps I never really used that often...so they don't get installed in the new phone. I think of it as a major "Spring Cleaning" project and start fresh. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

That's pretty much what I do too! There's a lot of junk I accumulate on an old phone and also when I get a new one it's time to go looking for new fun apps that I didn't find with my old phone..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Forgot to mention this. What I do have is a Word doc that is my new phone / post FDR "checklist" which has rhings like...set Play Store to not manually update, set Location Settings, etc. That helps me remember how I like all 4 of our phones setup, and it has passwords for important apps.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Forgot to mention this. What I do have is a Word doc that is my new phone / post FDR "checklist" which has rhings like...set Play Store to not manually update, set Location Settings, etc. That helps me remember how I like all 4 of our phones setup, and it has passwords for important apps.

I have sticky note lists of settings but I always miss some like recently with gravity screen I think I had that issue on turbo one and lg until I remembered. I also use zemna applist to back up the list of apps Google doesnt, as Google seems to only back up non free ones. Also I am perturbed by Verizon's phone transfer app that doesn't do music or files. I usually copy them to a PC via wifi and then copy them back to the new pc. I could use something that copies all data files to a PC or offline folder that are not os files as I always miss some or r make too many duplicates and have to use a reduplicative file compare or when a copy back to my phone it doubles or triples the space. Although with a 2tb? Summer card in turbo I might not have that issue

3dsrules

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
bq
Twitter
@ntc_oficial
I have sticky note lists of settings but I always miss some like recently with gravity screen I think I had that issue on turbo one and lg until I remembered. I also use zemna applist to back up the list of apps Google doesnt, as Google seems to only back up non free ones. Also I am perturbed by Verizon's phone transfer app that doesn't do music or files. I usually copy them to a PC via wifi and then copy them back to the new pc. I could use something that copies all data files to a PC or offline folder that are not os files as I always miss some or r make too many duplicates and have to use a reduplicative file compare or when a copy back to my phone it doubles or triples the space. Although with a 2tb? Summer card in turbo I might not have that issue

Nice idea!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
A few things:

• Google today does a MUCH better restore of all your apps. How no one mentioned this is mind blowing. It used to be terrible...today it's pretty sweet.
  • Plus wiuth Google Lock for passwords turned on it remember many app passwords on your phone.
Smart Lock for Passwords is on by default, but you can turn it off or back on using the following steps:

1. Open Chrome.
  2. At the top right, click Menu
    gnm-ty6mnE6vkedDflD8UzuuSYpoeaGMx1Am3m0zH0OkEAkqv3jGJV3cnjkqH75mrrqn=w18-h18
  3. Choose Settings.
  4. At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
  5. Find the "Passwords and forms" section.
  6. You can turn the following settings on or off:
    • Offer to save your web passwords: Check the box next to "Offer to save your web passwords." You'll see an offer to save passwords for websites in Chrome, and you can sign in using the passwords saved in your Google Account.
    • Auto Sign-in: Click Manage passwords, and check the box next to "Auto Sign-in." You'll automatically sign in to compatible apps and websites connected to your Google Account across your devices.
Finally, I keep the rest of my Passwords in Keepass with a copy of the DB file saved to Dropbox. Easy copy and paste

A Word doc, Sajo? Really? :D