Droid turbo 3 or moto z force

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Was there any issue applying the Zagg Glass Shield. Its the Top Layer Replaceable like the Droid Turbo 2?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Was there any issue applying the Zagg Glass Shield. Its the Top Layer Replaceable like the Droid Turbo 2?
According to the Moto website, yes the outer layer is replaceable...like the Turbo 2. When you click the link to buy it says..."available soon" (or something like that), but there are instructions for how to replace it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
my question would be if you use a Shield of any type on it and you replace that would it take the Moto Top layer off too. Say you crack the Zagg Glass and remove it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I had a regular screen protector on my Turbo 2 when I dropped it and scratched through the screen and outer layer. When I peeled off the screen protector it did not affect the outer layer. There is a good tutorial video on You Tube on replacing the shatter shield outer layer (lens). It does not come off easily, it takes a special tool and deliberate effort to remove it

Last edited:

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had the Verizon salesman do it for me... He didn't apply the first one exactly right si he removed it immediately and reapplied a new one which came out great...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had the Verizon salesman do it for me... He didn't apply the first one exactly right si he removed it immediately and reapplied a new one which came out great...

I was told that if I cracked the zagg glass shield and contacted zagg to get the new one sent to me that Verizon would re apply the replacement one for me too..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
For those that may not be familiar with Moto Shatter shield technology and how to replace the outer layer. The Shatter shield screen is a 5 layer design, not typical one piece gorilla glass. The outer 5th layer, called the lens, is basically a really thick screen protector. It can scratch easily because it is so soft. That piece is the only part of the Shatter shield screen that is user replaceable, without voiding your warranty. Moto sells the replacement lens as a do-it-yourself kit. Since the outer layer can scratch easily, Moto recommends using a screen protector. I bet Verizon does not do a good job of explaining this new Shatter shield technology to customers in the stores. Here is the how to replace the outer layer.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What'd he do to That device by the volume rocker?? The squiggly scratch...
Also..I always run a glass screen protector over the outter most layer..just to be sure..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What'd he do to That device by the volume rocker?? The squiggly scratch...
Also..I always run a glass screen protector over the outter most layer..just to be sure..
I think he was a little overly aggressive with the plastic removal tool and scratched the layer underneath.

I thought that was the official Moto video I posted, I copied the wrong one... oops. Still shows how to do it though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree with @cr6. I had a plastic screen protector and ended up gouging it. After that I switched to a glass one for my phone and my wife's phone. Seems like they don't scratch as easily.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yup glass...