Moto Droid Turbo 2/Moto X Force to Launch in October [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-2-upleaks-leak-2.png

The latest intel is in for the Moto X Force, aka the Motorola Droid Turbo 2. First, just as we were discussing recently, the Moto X Force name for the device will only be for the International version. The phone will be called the Droid Turbo 2 in the United States and will be exclusive to Verizon.

The good news from this latest leak is that the phone should hit store shelves in October instead of later in the year. Here's a recap of the rumored specs for Motorola and Verizon's next Droid Turbo:
  • 5.43-inch QHD “Shatterproof” display
  • Snapdragon 810 MSM8994 processor
  • 32GB/64GB internal storage options
  • 3GB RAM
  • 21MP/5MP cameras
  • 3,760mAh battery
While the Snapdragon 810 seems a bit questionable, we have to trust that Motorola knows what they are doing and wouldn't put a defective chipset in their phones. On top of that, the rest of these specs are pretty monstrous, especially that gigantic battery.

Source: upleaks on Twitter

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
3760 Mah is OK..I wish they'd meet or beet the turbos 3900 Mah battery..

The 810...man I hope this phone won't serve as a make shift microwave too...

Be interested in seeing how shatterproof this really is..I think that's a pretty bold claim...

And I'm also really curious.. Will this be a 3 device release like years before...or will it be all or nothing like last year??

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope this is just offering a different size and not Moto following the herd to ever bigger and bigger phones.

Will we ever see another flagship phone with a 5" screen or less?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I hope this is just offering a different size and not Moto following the herd to ever bigger and bigger phones.

Will we ever see another flagship phone with a 5" screen or less?
Z5 compact is 4 7 with specs.. don't think for Verizon though

NexusSix

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not the same specs...Mid-tier specs by today's standards, flagship specs maybe 18 months ago.

Either way, I don't think I care any more. I'm eyeing a tablet and new laptop, plus a smartwatch. I'm thinking I'll literally only use my phone for calls and texts.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's not the same specs...Mid-tier specs by today's standards, flagship specs maybe 18 months ago.
It has the same high end specs as the other flagships released this year, only a 720 screen and 2 GB of RAM. Hardly mid tier..

on the move..