Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The turbo has 2speakers...at the top..and people didn't know where to put their ear so they thought they had poor call quality..and yes ..they're the front facing speakers for videos too..
So what your talking me is, "people were holding it wrong", ala iPhone antennagate?

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes.....exactly....nothing to see here....move along....move along

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
99% of all my calls are on Blue Tooth, either BT in my Jeep or my headset and I can hear that fine. The few times I have had to answer a call real quick without blue tooth I noticed that there was s a "sweet spot" to the Turbo speakers and your ear. I can understand why some people that never use Bluetooth could find this phone hard to hear a call sometimes. Move it slightly to align the speaker with your ear though and.....voilà sounds good.

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Don't tell me nope..its true .I've had this phone since opening day. .I think I'd know. .sorry..

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
99% of all my calls are on Blue Tooth, either BT in my Jeep or my headset and I can hear that fine. The few times I have had to answer a call real quick without blue tooth I noticed that there was s a "sweet spot" to the Turbo speakers and your ear. I can understand why some people that never use Bluetooth could find this phone hard to hear a call sometimes. Move it slightly to align the speaker with your ear though and.....voilà sounds good.

Yep, I'm the same way. I rarely talk on mine without using my BT.

S5 tap'n

recDNA

Reaction score
Assuming some people find the volume too low is this something an update could fix or strictly a hardware issue?
These are really nice looking phones.
I'm kind of joined at the hip to Sammy because my gear 2 won't work with Moto but this is a nice phone and the battery life should be spectacular so I hope the sound thing is an easy fix.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Assuming some people find the volume too low is this something an update could fix or strictly a hardware issue?
These are really nice looking phones.
I'm kind of joined at the hip to Sammy because my gear 2 won't work with Moto but this is a nice phone and the battery life should be spectacular so I hope the sound thing is an easy fix.
I'm not sure the question has actually been answered yet. It wasn't really an "issue" on the Turbo, definitely not software. It was the design placement of the speakers and finding the right spot to hold the phone to your ear. We would need someone that already has a Turbo 2 to answer if its speakers are the same design or different.

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Just sent my buddy out to get one,he loves them Motorola phones. So should hear all about it soon

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm talking to him as I type, he says "I'm a deaf M*F***, if I can hear ya it must be good"

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool. Thanks for the update

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I tried the turbo 2 at a version store and it is more or less the same thing as turbo one except

Has SD card that can take 2gb
Only 32/64 gb internal avail
Battery smaller
Slightly better cpu

Not really an upgrade from turbo one as the unbreable screen kind of existed with turbo one which I drop tested many times and hasn't broke turbo two might be better by a small bit but wouldn't get yet due to smaller battery and increased cost over turbo one but the video was impressive.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I tried the turbo 2 at a version store and it is more or less the same thing as turbo one except

Has SD card that can take 2gb
Only 32/64 gb internal avail
Battery smaller
Slightly better cpu

Not really an upgrade from turbo one as the unbreable screen kind of existed with turbo one which I drop tested many times and hasn't broke turbo two might be better by a small bit but wouldn't get yet due to smaller battery and increased cost over turbo one but the video was impressive.

No..the SD card can be up to 2 terabytes..big difference..