Droid Turbo 2 and Droid MAXX 2 Show Up in Leaked Verizon Brochure

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Verizon-promotional-material-for-the-DROID-Turbo-2-and-DROID-MAXX-2-leaks.jpg

Over the weekend Verizon sprang a leak. Some marketing materials for the new Motorola Droid Turbo 2 and MAXX 2 showed up online. The brochure reveals the specs of the two devices and lets us know that Verizon plans to keep the OG Droid Turbo around for a while as a lower priced option for customers.

Here's a breakdown of specs revealed by the "blurry-cam" shot of the marketing materials:

Motorola Droid Turbo 2 -
  • 5.4-inch screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 CPU - octa-core 2GHz CPU and Adreno 430 GPU
  • 2TB capacity microSD slot
  • 25W charger will be included - offering 13 hours of battery life after a 15-minute charge
  • 21MP rear camera with zero shutter lag and Rapid focus
  • 32GB and 64GB storage options (The 64GB model will only be available on the Moto Maker site - it also includes the ability to refresh the design within two-years)
Motorola Droid MAXX 2 -
  • 5.5-inch screen with a 1080 x 1920 resolution
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 617 SoC - octa-core 1.8GHz CPU
  • 16GB of internal storage
  • 128GB capacity microSD slot
  • 21MP rear camera
  • 5MP front camera
  • DROID MAXX 2 owners will get one free screen repair for two years from the time the phone is purchased.
Pricing and availability were not revealed by the materials, but Verizon will likely share those details tomorrow at their press event. There's another screencap of the brochure in the thread below, but you can't spot much in it.

Here's our dedicated sections for further discussion on both of these phones:
Source: PhoneArena

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Truly thought the Turbo would be my last Moto. Truly thought my next phone would be a LG G5 or G6.
Moto has done it.
SD is back? MotoMaker?
We'll see when the time comes to upgrade but Moto is back in the running at least to be my next phone.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Really Liking the Turbo 2. I want to see that Screen in action and see fine Print if it were to break

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree completely @PereDroid. A new Droid with Moto Maker customization.....awesome and about time! For me personally.....it does not have to be the best phone in the world with specs on paper. Just be a good phone with all the Moto X custom options in Moto Maker and I will buy one some time in 2016!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Up to 48hrs with a bigger screen? They didn't deliver that with the last version and the battery was huge. Hopefully they follow through with that claim this time around. Otherwise great looking devices.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

realged13

Reaction score
If the SD card part is true and more durable phone, I am going to switch my wife to it as soon as possible. I'm having to unload all of her pictures and videos like every other month.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Up to 48hrs with a bigger screen? They didn't deliver that with the last version and the battery was huge. Hopefully they follow through with that claim this time around. Otherwise great looking devices.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Yes I dint believe for 2 seconds the 48 hour claim. Dint even care.

Tap'n Turbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The Droid Maxx had a 48 hour battery life claim also. I never tried to make it 48 hours on my Maxx, or Turbo, not sure if they really will or not. I think the 48 hour claim is designed for moderate use. For those of us that use our phones more heavily...probably will never see 48 hours. But...I am happy that my Maxx and Turbo both made / make it through a normal day (off the charger around 05:00 and back on at 22:00) and still have battery left over to make it into day 2 if need be. That's all I really care about personally, no need to carry a charger or battery pack anymore...this thing will easily get me through a day with a lot of use and 3+ hours of SOT most days. If the new Droid can do the same, it's good enough for me.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
The 48 hours is all about usage. I I have gotten 57 hours out of my Droid Maxx DE (see screenshot). Now this is with medium to light use, however, I end a normal day with 50% with medium to heavy use. My dad has the same usage statistics with his Droid Turboand can esily go two days without charging. On a really heavy use day I will get down in the 20s or maybe 10s, but I very rarely ever worry about my phone dying during the day, regardless of how I use it.

I'm excited about the Turbo 2. I wish one would have been a 5" and the other 5.5" as they are almost the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-02-20-16-24.png
    Screenshot_2014-10-02-20-16-24.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 304

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've gotten 48 hours of total life out of my turbo 3 times..5 hours of on screen approximately, and the rest stand by time...the time it was in airplane mode, it obviously had a lot of battery left...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm curious about the difference in the processors in the m2 and t2..why an 810 in the turbo and a 617 is it??/in the maxx 2?
Is it the heat issue or another reason?