Who Wants To Be My Droid Incredible Mentor?!

PwndaBearr

Reaction score
Just got my first ever Droid. The waiting and the restraint of not getting the original when it first came out has paid off. So far I love this thing! Keeps me connected, entertained, and gives me tons of utility. It makes the bed, and gives me toast.

In any case, now that I have explored all the pre-installed stuff and got myself used to the phone, I want to start learning about what I can do with it.

I am looking for anyone and everyone to give me tips and tricks. Increased battery life, useful and fun apps, hardware tweaks, hacks, etc etc. Lay it on me!!

Many thanks!!

Mitchellpaul

Reaction score
I've only had mine for over a month but I've figured out a few tricks to keep my battery alive longer. First off, get a car charger. I use it every moment I can, it's the best advice I can give. Secondly, I have a shortcut to "manage apps" so that I can stop them right after I use them. I didn't do this until I explored the phone more and realized that anything and everything I had opened was running, therefore my battery lasted like 3 hours. Now that I do this my battery can last at least ten without a re-charge.

I'm sure anyone else would reccomend the game "angry birds", so I'm just going to tell you now. It's extremely fun, yet addicting, & it's free! I've found a lot of useful apps such as: 'EEBA', to keep track of my money, 'Easy Car Finder" car finder for when I'm forgetful, 'FxCamera' adds cool effects to your camera which I use daily, 'Google Sky Map' is just a cool & fun app, 'Movies' for looking up movie times and such, "Pandora", "Vlingo", a cool way to use the phone hands-free, "Where" if you want to find a new place to eat wherever you are at the moment, "where's my droid", in case you have one of those nights, & "Dolphin Browser HD", a better way (IMO) to surf the web on your phone.

Those are the only ones I have discovered so far. Well that's all I got right now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
A good way to increase battery life is turning off most of the social notifications. Also I grabbed an app called JuiceDefender and it does help.

Most importantly, don't check your phone every 5 minutes, lol. It's the display that mostly eats up the battery, and when you use the display you use the 'Android system' which eats up the battery.

I also make sure to go to settings---> applications--->running services and close anything I don't need running.

octoberdana

Reaction score
I have had my incredible for about 6 weeks and I am still discovering the things it can do! Some must have apps for me:

Hard cash- this let's me enter cash spent and a category really quickly. I am terrible about losing receipts so this is a lifesaver.

Executive Assistant- this app allows me to see all my missed calls, messages, and emails from my loc screen. It is customizable as to the information that showdown and on what screen. And it's free!

Gesture Search- allows me to look for apps without scrolling through lists or wading through home screens.

Those are some of my favorites. Enjoy your new incredible.
Sent from my Droid Incredible using Droid Forums App

Randyd718

Reaction score
Just a thought I'd add: watch out for killing tasks.

Do some research, many recommend against using them (task killers) at this point. It's just how the Android OS works.

doobie711

Reaction score
task killers are the devil when you're on 2.2. i say as always: opt for a bigger battery. it was the absolutely best decision i made with my incredible.

minimott

Reaction score
I tried Juice Defender twice and both times it wreaked havoc on my Gmail sync. So I uninstalled. My battery lasts 14 hours + by turning off Twitter and Facebook syncs mostly.

I love SwiftKey, email notifier and sms popup.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App