Friend wants a Droid, but...

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Something tells me that amazon and wirefly and amazon way of buying the phone will not work verizon has contracts with them as they do with best buy, and best buy checks contracts and gives you the right rate just as verizon in store would minus the "cash back discount" that is which is already taken off the price, if ANYONE on here has actually gotten a droid for these ridic prices please let us know im sure everyone within the past 30 days would return their droid for this crazy price that warweasel is speaking of.

Just checked, amazon will only let you extend within the last 2 months of your contract

Which is technically the time that verizon tells you you can upgrade 2 months before the "contract" is technically over.

xythil

Reaction score
Something tells me that amazon and wirefly and amazon way of buying the phone will not work verizon has contracts with them as they do with best buy, and best buy checks contracts and gives you the right rate just as verizon in store would minus the "cash back discount" that is which is already taken off the price, if ANYONE on here has actually gotten a droid for these ridic prices please let us know im sure everyone within the past 30 days would return their droid for this crazy price that warweasel is speaking of.

Just checked, amazon will only let you extend within the last 2 months of your contract

Which is technically the time that verizon tells you you can upgrade 2 months before the "contract" is technically over.
So i guess im stuck with 1 year pricing? Any idea how i could get a better price from verizon?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[
So i guess im stuck with 1 year pricing? Any idea how i could get a better price from verizon?

I keep wondering how this thread continues to stay on the front page and be so active. I think I found out why. If you go back to the first page suggestions were made on how to accomplish this. Pretty good ones too.:)

OP
bristolcat

bristolcat

Reaction score
OP here, yeah, we'll try it. I'm intrigued by the contract extensions via the online retailers, though. Someone said that you could only extend your contract within two months of your upgrade date, someone else said theirs was up in July but they were able to extend theirs. So, I'm kind of confused. Around here, a contract extension would be nothing, considering how attached we all are to Verizon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Probably could work out a deal with a Verizon store. I switched over from AT&T and they did everything they could to hook me up with a family plan, including 3 free enV3's for the rest of my family.

Verizon employees, in my experience seem to go the "extra mile" to please their customers. Hopefully they'll do the same for you like they did for me!

bowhuntr09

Reaction score
I had a phone due in April and a phone due in July. I emailed Verizon through their website after seeing that tactic mentioned here and now I'm sitting at home getting familiar with my new droid and trying to help my wife with hers. This was after several unsuccessful calls to 611. Email them, it works!

OP here, yeah, we'll try it. I'm intrigued by the contract extensions via the online retailers, though. Someone said that you could only extend your contract within two months of your upgrade date, someone else said theirs was up in July but they were able to extend theirs. So, I'm kind of confused. Around here, a contract extension would be nothing, considering how attached we all are to Verizon.