Who still enjoys their Phone?

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
With all these new devices coming out and with people seeming ready to jump ship from the Nexus, I was just wondering who was still happy with they're phone and who hadn't even given upgrading a thought?

Me personally, I love this thing rooted rommed and running Bugless. I can honestly say I'm over the next best thing because its still in my hand. Haha. Also my radios kick butt rock solid 4g all day!

I own this phone and a Nexus 7 and honestly I don't see me buying anything that isn't a Nexus for a long time.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I am not rooted, and still love the phone! Had issues with the Jellybean update with my old phone. Just got my certified replacement, and it has been cleared up. This has been my most favorite phone to own and is enough for me for until the next major hardware deployment of quad-core!

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I've only had my Nexus since April and still enjoy it to this day. It's all stock...haven't done any rooting or other tweaking. Since picking up the Nexus, I haven't seen anything hit the market to really wow me...the Galaxy SIII is probably the closest thing to intrigue me. I do like the RAZR line and considered picking one when deciding which would be my next phone but the Nexus won out. I just really wanted a pure Android experience. No manufacturer bloat or anything like that. I don't really see anything on the horizon either that might be of interest until maybe the next Nexus. But even then I may hang on to mine because it's been decent.

Truth be told, I didn't mind the Droid X I had prior to this. It was a solid phone too...didn't have any problems with it. It was just time for the upgrade and the desire to do so just won out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Still lovin this phone. I don't get how anyone can get bored with a Nexus, especially if they're rooted and ROMd.

???

Reaction score
day one nexus, still love it, won't be changing for a very long time.

going to have to be one hell of a phone to be so much better than my nexus that its worth paying full price for.

I had my first d1 for over 2 years, this will be that long or more.

cupid

Reaction score
Love this phone..im fully stock...only complain is the volume really low...if I decide to unlock and rooted this phone will my volume improve?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Love this phone..im fully stock...only complain is the volume really low...if I decide to unlock and rooted this phone will my volume improve?

Yes. Most custom ROMs have that tweak built in. If you would like a mostly stock experience (little to no mods) with great battery life and performance I would check out Bugless Beast at peteralfonso.com. It is also always nice to have the absolute latest version of Android. For example, tonight he released his Bugless Beast compiled with the new Android version 4.1.2. Bugless Beast has the volume tweak built in as well as reboot options in the power menu and native tethering but besides that, it functions exactly like stock would.

In regards to still enjoying my phone, I don't plan on changing phones until another nexus device comes to Verizon, which may never come. I guess I will have to change at some point, but nothing really seems to be worthy of the off contract price at the moment. Especially with Verizon phones.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

My volume cranks on BAMF so yea, roms help a ton! Oh, and I still reeeeally love this phone! DancingNexus

MrKleen

Reaction score
I was the first in line at my store for the Nexus.

For my needs there has not been a phone that has come out since that would make me want to upgrade. Unless Verizon gets another Nexus there won't be anything else as an option.

If you root and ROM there is nothing else available.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I love everything except the pale yellow white color of the screen. Up against SGIII or iPhone it looks terrible. I am waiting to see what the new screens look like and then I am switching.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I love everything except the pale yellow white color of the screen. Up against SGIII or iPhone it looks terrible. I am waiting to see what the new screens look like and then I am switching.

I tweaked my screen using the franco.Kernel app and it looks awesome! Have you tried that?

Dfit18

Reaction score
Can't see my self changing phones anytime soon. With the continued support that the nexus is getting, ill be happy for quite some time.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Still loving my Nexus... 4.0.4 fixed the issues I was having, 4.1.1 smoothed out the rough edges and added some nice touches. I've seen the early shots of the LG Nexus and I'm not impressed. Not sure if there will be other Nexus offerings from other OEM's this year or not. But Even though I have an upgrade due in April I'm not looking at any other phones.

MonKENy

Reaction score
Would swap to SGS3 in a second if I could. I have updated radios and still call quality sucks. I would get 15+ hrs out of my DX w/out missing a beat moderate use. Now I get 10ish. Way less if I run 4g (i dont since it seems like a waste to me) I have a feeling that it has alot to do w/verizons support but still. Im a sad panda. I probably wouldnt buy a nexus again in the future no matter what the carrier. Although I think for the price its probably the best for the money since its 350 full retail and most are 600+