Who still enjoys their Phone?

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Yeah, still lovin' on my Galaxy Nexus! Day one adopter and I must have gotten the good hardware. I haven't had problems with mine - no dropped calls or data issues. I live in a small town, so we don't have an abundance of towers to pull signal from. My house has aluminum foil covered insulation under the siding and still I get acceptable data in the house despite the shielding, although I mostly use WiFi when home.

Since I rooted and flashed Droid Concepts, I am rockin' a new phone all over again. I have another year on my Big Red contract, so I haven't even looked around for anything else. I still have my OG Droid working as an alarm clock / media player, too.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Would swap to SGS3 in a second if I could. I have updated radios and still call quality sucks. I would get 15+ hrs out of my DX w/out missing a beat moderate use. Now I get 10ish. Way less if I run 4g (i dont since it seems like a waste to me) I have a feeling that it has alot to do w/verizons support but still. Im a sad panda. I probably wouldnt buy a nexus again in the future no matter what the carrier. Although I think for the price its probably the best for the money since its 350 full retail and most are 600+

Thread title was "Who still enjoys their phone?" :biggrin:

Still loving mine. Best upgrade from my OG Droid.

Hugg727

Reaction score
had my Nexus since launch and I still find something cool about the phone everyday. This is my first android phone and once I rooted/rom'd this thing after about 3 months of owning it, it really released the power of the Google experience. I know that there are other phones with .25GHz faster processor, etc... but why would you run away from this phone after less than a year? the developers are doing a very good job of addressing issues in a timely matter. I am also running Bugless Beast with Lean Kernel and my battery has gone up dramatically. Peter Alfonso doesnt flood you with updates everyday, he puts them out about once every 3-5 weeks.

Even the new LG Nexus looks about the same as our phone, I really dont see any compelling reason to upgrade.

Capone76

Reaction score
Still digging this phone the most. Rooted and romd on JBSourcery with Trinity. I've tried a lot of ROMs and always come back to Sourcery. With Trinities colors and ROM customization this phone is smooth. Very decent signal of 3 bars at home. Battery life is also great. I am sticking with this gem. After all who knows if Verizon will get another nexus. Hope they do! Is it just me or is the nexus threads getting quiet in this forum?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is the nexus threads getting quiet in this forum?

Yes and its for a couple of reasons.

1. This forum isn't nearly as popular as it was in the era of the D1. I think its simply because of the influx of other android sites (it also doesn't help that the site name implies it is only for Droid branded phones) and specifically only serves Verizon phones for the most part.

2. Many devs have migrated to Rootzwiki and thus have taken the traffic with them. Even XDA has slowed from what it used to be.

3. Some who did frequent this forum (and specifically this section) moved to a different phone because of the many at-launch issues some were having.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Glad I came across this thread. I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus and wasn't completely sure about it, but you guys have eased my mind a bit. :)

alboboy10

Reaction score
I haven't been liking mine that much...iffy about it. My battery life is horrible. It's actually pathetic.

Performance wise it's amazing...but the battery is horrible. I literally see the percentage dropping in front of my eyes. Ten hours of extremely light use (1 hour screen on time..texting slight browsing) and I need a charger.

And after I charge it, if I don't charge it fully...it loses 10% just sitting around doing nothing in half an hour.

The battery was already bad in ics, on jb it's even worse

pjkump

Reaction score
I haven't been liking mine that much...iffy about it. My battery life is horrible. It's actually pathetic.

Performance wise it's amazing...but the battery is horrible. I literally see the percentage dropping in front of my eyes. Ten hours of extremely light use (1 hour screen on time..texting slight browsing) and I need a charger.

And after I charge it, if I don't charge it fully...it loses 10% just sitting around doing nothing in half an hour.

The battery was already bad in ics, on jb it's even worse

I agree, battery life is pretty pathetic. I absolutely love my phone and how it operates/runs but I have resorted to carrying a spare battery around when I don't have access to a charger. I am lucky to get 8-10 hours with 1-1.5 hours screen time with the extended 2100mah battery.

This is all with sync off, gps off, 4g off, bluetooth off, and screen on auto. I tried running the screen on 20% but that was a real pain in the ass when I went outside and couldn't see anything to even turn the screen back up.

rochaeliseo

Reaction score
Battery can't be any worse than the RAZR. At 4 hours with that thing I'm at 20%

jmcdonald

Reaction score
Love Gnex. Battery life is so-so but with all the ROMs and customization options available you will get plenty of life out of it. I have not had any of the hardware problems others have and I have had mine since 3 weeks after launch. Since VZW only releases locked down phones this is definitely the best they have to offer. I had the OG Droid before this and don't know if I could deal with a phone that wasn't unlockable. The Nexus program is the best Android experience for those of us that like to tinker and make the phone our own.

Hugg727

Reaction score
Yes the battery life is an issue, but one that is easily addressed through the developers community. If you are still having battery issues, like I keep reading in this thread, its your own fault. the fixes are out there for you, just go apply them.

As I type this, my phone is sitting next to me running 4.1.2 and I had it on JB the day after it was released. I read an article this morning that the US Galaxy S3 may not see JB until 2013! With the rumors of a new Nexus coming out soon, I am sure that we will all be on Key Lime Pie by then. This is why, while somewhat under powered, the Nexus is a great phone. The devs have done a great job and will continue to do the same for this phone next year as well.