Which version of UD gave you the best battery life?

Rento

Reaction score
Looks like UD 3.2 has been released... But I don't want to try it since 3.1 was a very bad experience for me. Not only was it buggy as all hell, but I only got about 4-5 hours on that ROM. Also, between wiping my phone to get to 3.1 and back to UD2.5 my phone's vibrate function died completely. So I don't want any other features to die off...

I'm currently running UD2.5 with a Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh extended battery, still calibrating, but I got about ~18 hours on full charge yesterday. Battery Left is estimating 28 hours of usage...?

Anyways.

This is a GENERAL question for every UltimateDroid fan. Just wanna know which version gave you the best battery life.

smtom

Reaction score
Big time UD 2.5 fan here. Run it on 3 DIncs. I have run the UD's since then; meh... Disappointing actually.

Trying 3.2 now, battery life is quite good, no wonky stuff. Stock kernel.

Surprised and pleased thus far.
Will run it for a while and post back if performance, battery, or anything else drops off. So far, I'm calling this a suitable successor to 2.5.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Oh really? Yeah, it seems like there's no outlandish reports of bugs like 3.1 I might make the switch.

When people say UDX.X with stock kernal. Is that the OEM kernel or the kernel that is with the ROM?

smtom

Reaction score
Kernel that came w/ the ROM - my apologies on clarity.

UD 3.2 is the first gingerbread ROM I've liked.
To be fair, gingerbread presents no appreciable improvement over Froyo - just my opinion.

Tried some other kernels, really wanted to like them better than the one that came w/ the ROM, but it (the one that ships w/ the ROM) gives truly better battery life and performance, and no lag or tearing on the screens.

Is the stock kernel the fastest? No, but if it sure delivers what I want - good battery life, stable, quick GPS, no wifi issues, wireless ADB, etc.

hth

Last edited:

crazyjoker2

Reaction score
il flashing between UD 2.5 and UD 3.2.0 hard to say which is the one i like the best

smtom

Reaction score
Update - UD 3.2 won't pair with my car's built in bluetooth..... Deal breaker for me, flashed back to 2.5, paired just fine.

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Is it UD3.2 that won't pair with the BT? I was trying to get it connect to the Lexus and it wasn't working...

No deal breaker for me tho... The car I drive most has a OEM Stereo and I wanna keep it that way, so my only choice for that car is one of those tape to headphone jacks. ;)

As far as battery life... I'm using the same Kernel on UD3.2 as I was on UD2.5 which is JDLFG 300-850Mhz LV and it seems that i'm getting about the same battery life, maybe 1-2 less hours on UD3.2.

smtom

Reaction score
Yes, sadly UD3.2 won't pair with car's BT.
Really like the ROM's battery life and stability.