Help? What causes boot-looping? Here's my experience.

Rento

Reaction score
I just did a fresh wipe of Ultimate Droid 2.5 on my Droid 1 lastnight and installed a 125-800mhz P3Droid kernel right after the flash.

Everything was super fast and nice. Really loved it.

Finally got everything setup and all my apps working how I liked earlier today.

I also received my Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh extended battery and downloaded Battery Left Widget to go with the battery and all that jazz.

Well... That extended battery died after about 11-12 hours, first charge. I don't know anymore since I have to start from scratch on my calibration. :icon_evil:

Pretty much the battery died. I hooked the phone up to the charger and mad a sammitch... Came back. Phone's soft buttons were lit and the screen was black but lit.

The power/lock button was un-responsive and every few seconds the phone would do a short vibrate, like if you touched a soft button. Only choice was to pull the battery to get it to stop.

I went to plug it back into the charger, same situation, booted up fine and then froze after a couple seconds and went to black screen, etc.

I tried putting in my stock BP6X battery in, same thing. I even reflashed to a different kernel (I think a Slayher one) because I once had a bootloop issue to a bad kernal once. Still did the same thing.

I don't know what the deal was.

I tried reflashing UD2.5 over everything... This time it would just bootloop. :icon_evil:

I don't know what would have caused all this to happen. I really don't. The only major thing since lastnight was that I installed Battery Left and got this 3500mAh battery...

Anyone know what could have gone wrong?

I just Restored a backup from lastnight shortly after I got my UD2.5 Settings how I wanted. No wiping or anything (not sure if you're supposed to wipe everything before a restore) after that I installed a JDLFG 300-850mAh kernel...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yes always wipe before doing a restore. Does the phone boot up without the battery (plugged into charger)??
Is it the stock wall charger??

Sent from somewhere...

OP
Rento

Rento

Reaction score
Man... I didn't wipe the phone before the restore...

I never tried to power the phone w/o the battery, didn't know that was possible.

Stock wall charger.