Help please boot loop and no recovery

smcdo123

Reaction score
i have bugless beast and just reflashed it using rom manager because i wanted new kernel and new wallpapers. I then saw the new rom dark edge and i reflashed the recovery to nandroid because it has to be that anyway my phone is now stuck in a boot loop and when i hold power button and x the recovery does not even pop upo anymore. Every couple times the main screen pops up but it shuts right back down after maybe 15 seconds top help please !

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
i have bugless beast and just reflashed it using rom manager because i wanted new kernel and new wallpapers. I then saw the new rom dark edge and i reflashed the recovery to nandroid because it has to be that anyway my phone is now stuck in a boot loop and when i hold power button and x the recovery does not even pop upo anymore. Every couple times the main screen pops up but it shuts right back down after maybe 15 seconds top help please !

also it seems like when it reboots it is checking my sd card

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is the phone on a wall charger at the moment? While not always the case its worth keeping the phone on charge for a while in case the battery got drained or the phone is getting a false reading of a low battery so won't stay booted up.

It can take a few hours until it boots up successfully if the battery is the issue. When you can get into recovery you can try and do a restore to a previous known good backup or rom.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
Is the phone on a wall charger at the moment? While not always the case its worth keeping the phone on charge for a while in case the battery got drained or the phone is getting a false reading of a low battery so won't stay booted up.

It can take a few hours until it boots up successfully if the battery is the issue. When you can get into recovery you can try and do a restore to a previous known good backup or rom.

nope didnt work. my recovery console is completely gone i have gotten my phone to turn on and work yet it goes crazy still and i go onto rom manager reflash recovery tries even nandroid and it still doesnt let me in. it stays on the moto logo and wont pass that when i try to reboot into recovery.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

nope didnt work. my recovery console is completely gone i have gotten my phone to turn on and work yet it goes crazy still and i go onto rom manager reflash recovery tries even nandroid and it still doesnt let me in. it stays on the moto logo and wont pass that when i try to reboot into recovery.

So it does boot up, because you can get into Rom Manager. Will that let you flash the Alternative Recovery (sprecovery)?

Rom manager has a rom to let you get back to stock, but if clockwork and sprecovery aren't working and your battery is not the issue then you can try RSD Lite and flash an SBF file to get back to 2.01. If you hold down UP on the dpad and get into the bootloader screen then this option might be the one for you. 3rd link in my signature. Gotta go to bed, but post and let us know how you make out. Leave the phone plugged in over night too, on a wall charger and see how it is in the morning if nothing else for now.

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score

So it does boot up, because you can get into Rom Manager. Will that let you flash the Alternative Recovery (sprecovery)?

Rom manager has a rom to let you get back to stock, but if clockwork and sprecovery aren't working and your battery is not the issue then you can try RSD Lite and flash an SBF file to get back to 2.01. If you hold down UP on the dpad and get into the bootloader screen then this option might be the one for you. 3rd link in my signature. Gotta go to bed, but post and let us know how you make out. Leave the phone plugged in over night too, on a wall charger and see how it is in the morning if nothing else for now.

hey thank you very much i will give that a try and see what haappenns and let you know. thanks for the help

OP
smcdo123

smcdo123

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/43275-cannot-flash-clockwork-mod-recovery-3.html the end of this thread says to "Go to main page of rom manager, click menu button and hit clear download cache." There are a few with similar problems so this might be your ticket too.

Yeah that did not work. If you look that was that guys first post i mean it may have for some people but anyway i am back up and running. Thank you very much and thank you for making an incredible guide. I am running the new dark edge and it was def. not running right even the first time. I was planning on reseting phone soon and redoing root and everything but when i first did it was a pain but your guide and the recovery teams guide helped so much. I hope to not have to come back into this part of droid forums lol but if i do i know you guys will def help thanks again.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/43275-cannot-flash-clockwork-mod-recovery-3.html the end of this thread says to "Go to main page of rom manager, click menu button and hit clear download cache." There are a few with similar problems so this might be your ticket too.

Yeah that did not work. If you look that was that guys first post i mean it may have for some people but anyway i am back up and running. Thank you very much and thank you for making an incredible guide. I am running the new dark edge and it was def. not running right even the first time. I was planning on reseting phone soon and redoing root and everything but when i first did it was a pain but your guide and the recovery teams guide helped so much. I hope to not have to come back into this part of droid forums lol but if i do i know you guys will def help thanks again.

Sort of stressful when things go haywire but the lesson for others is it tends to work out in the end. Glad it did so!