Battery life with UD 1.0

bodean

Reaction score
Well I re calibrated my battery, running Slayer 1.0 kernel at 1000mhz. Using SetCPU.
I took it off the charger at 430am this morning. Now at 130pm, I am at 15%
That is with 1 10min phone call, a few text messages, and going in and out of Airplane Mode most of the day. Horrible battery life.

How do I find out what is using the battery? There is no spare parts app in this rom, and when I go into system, and hit status, it's greyed out and doesn't let me bring up details on the battery.

macdonaldj2

Reaction score
Well I re calibrated my battery, running Slayer 1.0 kernel at 1000mhz. Using SetCPU.
That is with 1 10min phone call, a few text messages, and going in and out of Airplane Mode most of the day. Horrible battery life.

How do I find out what is using the battery? There is no spare parts app in this rom, and when I go into system, and hit status, it's greyed out and doesn't let me bring up details on the battery.

I use the Gauge Battery Widget, and I have the information in there, I also re-calibrated my battery last night and today, I took it off the charger at 9am and right now at 3, I have 90% left, some text messaging and a couple of phone calls...mine seems to be ok...I am also running Chevy LV 1.25 with SetCPU profiles for screen off etc...the typical

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

UD settings>Device info>Battery Use

bodean

Reaction score

UD settings>Device info>Battery Use

Display 64%
Voice calls 17%
Phone idle 13%
Cell Standby 7%

Look normal?
I am a pilot, and when flying always put it into airplane mode, with Auto Brightness enabled, 1 minute screen timeout.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
Display 64%
Voice calls 17%
Phone idle 13%
Cell Standby 7%

Look normal?
I am a pilot, and when flying always put it into airplane mode, with Auto Brightness enabled, 1 minute screen timeout.

Seems fairly normal. Display is always the predominate battery sucker. I have been unplugged for 12 hours and I just dropped to 30%, which is much better than normal battery life for me.

I have also tweaked my brightness levels so it's always at 35% while at my desk and battery has consumed 40% of my battery so far. I also have my lowest setting at 2% brightness, so it should easily last the rest of the night.

Edit: Here is a screenshot after another couple of hours. This is amazing battery life for me.
8LZ3A6

Last edited:

jbrock98

Reaction score
My battery life always sucks but today I woke up @ 615am/central phone had been charging over night its dropped from 100% to 70% n lil over an hour, that's crazy dramatic w/ barely any use, I downloaded juice defender but after opening it up that's gonna take reading up on a thread to understand it

Sent from my Droid

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Battery Life

For me ive found the key to improving battery life, the devil is in the details, how u have certain apps, & phone settings set.

If the majority of time battery life is key above all else like it can be for me, depending on how important certain apps or phone functions are for try the following:

1. disable all location access gps, wifi & network.
2. disable data roaming
3. disable any and all "auto-refreshing" apps that may run, such as facebook, weatherbug, news, & even disable the phones "auto-sync/refresh" for email & etc...because like for me during work hours i am only able to really check my email a few times a day, so why have it running all the time, i just hit refresh when i have a chance to check my email
4. disable/dont use any widgets, including set cpu...even when i removed even just the power control widget & especially setcpu real time clock widget i noticed an improvement in battery life.
5.u can choose to disable all data connecting as well
6. disabling wifi entirely when not in use
7. dont leave blue tooth on when not in use (obviously)
8. going into setcpu advanced tab u may be able to do some tweaking to improve battery life.
9....thats sum i think of off hand, if i think of more i will add

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
For me ive found the key to improving battery life, the devil is in the details, how u have certain apps, & phone settings set.

If the majority of time battery life is key above all else like it can be for me, depending on how important certain apps or phone functions are for try the following:

2. disable data roaming
3. disable any and all "auto-refreshing" apps that may run, such as facebook, weatherbug, news, & even disable the phones "auto-sync/refresh" for email & etc...because like for me during work hours i am only able to really check my email a few times a day, so why have it running all the time, i just hit refresh when i have a chance to check my email
4. disable/dont use any widgets, including set cpu...even when i removed even just the power control widget & especially setcpu real time clock widget i noticed an improvement in battery life.
8. going into setcpu advanced tab u may be able to do some tweaking to improve battery life.

Or, you could just turn your phone off entirely. :biggrin:

chipmunk

Reaction score
i found that the calibration of the battery by cyanogen work amazingly!!!! i've had my phone on for 12 hours with non stop texting and i still have more then 50 percent of my battery left.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
i found that the calibration of the battery by cyanogen work amazingly!!!! i've had my phone on for 12 hours with non stop texting and i still have more then 50 percent of my battery left.

Seriously huh? Mind you I don't use my phone nearly as much during the weekends, but this included the second half of my work day on Friday. That battery recalibration is the best thing I have done to my phone since I got it almost a year ago haha.

CAP201010232225.jpg

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
WEll, I'm trying this method of callibrating the battery, but when i go t oterminal emulator and type mount -a, it says "unknown option." What am I doing wrong?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Ok i gotta ask, where can i locate info on this battery calibration? or is it in CM roms only?

segdoh49

Reaction score

2. disable data roaming

Or, you could just turn your phone off entirely. :biggrin:
I think that's the only way I am going to get my battery to last. Just turn the frigging thing off..........I've deleted all the widgets now I'm going to see if that helps. I ran the battery graph and even with the screen turned off it looses 10% every hour. We'll see what happens.

glhelinski

Reaction score
Yesterday I turned off my GPS for a good period of time and my battery improved significantly. I guess that's the biggest juice hog I've got running. So, I guess I know to keep it off when I don't really need it, but I like to keep it on in case I happen to lose my phone. That way I can use lattitude or Where's My Droid to track it down.
check out "tasker" in the market. among other things, you can easily make "macros" that look for apps you specify will turn on gps when the apps starts and turns it off when it's done. tasker has many many other uses similar to that. it takes a bit to get used to it but it is powerful.